Discussion Thread -> "Bustin' Out of The Shell!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Official entry for “Bust out of the Shell” TD

Please accept my entry in the “Bustin Out of the Shell” TD
This was going to be a long one so needed a few growlers. Got some Mac & Jack Amber, Oaktoberfest special release and Rogue Double Dead Guy special release!
View attachment 85336
Picked up some fresh oysters (5 dozen fresh in the shell and a gallon shucked), razor clams, mussels, shrimp, and some steak for a little balance
View attachment 85337
View attachment 85344
View attachment 85338
Whipped up spicy brine for the oysters, bring to a boil and add oysters turn off and let sit a few minutes then drain and dry
View attachment 85339
Load up the pellet pooper and sprinkle a little brown sugar on. Smoke at low temp to add that smoky flavor and firm up. (Had to start the smoked oysters the night before)
View attachment 85340
Half Peppered and half not
View attachment 85341
Oyster bombs with thin sliced Apple smoked bacon, Butter, Garlic slices, oyster, and a sprinkle of Montreal steak seasoning
View attachment 85342
On the GMG to smoke up
View attachment 85343
Use the old gasser to cook a few oysters in the shell
View attachment 85345
Let the cooked in shell oysters jump into the hot tub of butter and fresh chopped garlic
View attachment 85346
Oh those are good!
View attachment 85347
Clean the clams up good
View attachment 85348
Breaded with egg wash and cracker / panko spiced breading
View attachment 85349
Off to the GMG to cook up and add a smoke taste
View attachment 85350
Marinated the shrimp in seasonings and olive oil and the steak in a mesquite marinade. Grilled the surf and turf combo on the scrap Iron grill
View attachment 85351
Almost done
View attachment 85352
Finishing up the Razor clam chowder on the scrap Iron grill
View attachment 85353
Forgot to get pictures of the muscles steamed in wine and garlic. Maybe because the growlers are empty! added oysters, muscles, and shrimp to the razor clam chowder to make a seafood chowder
View attachment 85354
Here is my official entry picture!
View attachment 85355
Thanks for looking

Last edited:
OK... Let's close the shell on this one.

I'll be slaving over putting together the poll for hours, so please be patient!

:-D

Back