Discussion Thread: BBQ Brethren "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown! (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Oh man, I hate when a batch of sausage goes wrong like that. It really farking sucks.

To be honest though...if they looked good...we might not have been any wiser!:heh: This place runs on the honor system, and you certainly have plenty of that!:thumb:

To be honest, MANY have posted dishes that they thought tasted like crap (maybe even myself), and even said they tasted like crap but posted them any way, and they even get VOTES!:shock::der: When the dish is fully assembled and then you find out it's not that good...why not? You already did the effort.

I guess in this case, I wouldn't want to make another dish using bad ingredients, so this REALLY sucks for you. Sorry to hear.

Did you get any pics of the sausage? You could post those and enter them? I think a number of folks do sympathy votes for some reason...and it can be fun getting those on a dish gone wrong (at least I think so). I got votes for grinding a bunch of McRibs into a farking meatloaf...and it tasted every bit as "good" as you would expect!:laugh:

I can't figure out why folks vote for some of the things they do sometimes.:der:
Thanks Chris, but as you said, "we are on an honor system" I believe that! Without honor we have no self respect. A failure is just that! A temporary loss of superficial grace.
Thanks for your response and had I not tried..... I would not have learned!

Hey Tish, added pork fat and the ground lamb was at 15% fat. I overworked it prior to stuffing it and I think the Budweiser was to blame! Too much liquid in the casing starts a boil that over cooks the "snags" :sad:

Ok. I'm ready

3c501da1-0bfb-4968-964e-8579d954b3b3_zps26941592.jpg

Back