Discussion Thread -> "2013 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Well...have you looked at it yet? :confused:

Yep, have it memorized.

Sharpening my pencil now for my ingredient list.

I told the wife if she wasn't busy she could shovel out a path to the grill for me tomorrow morning. :tsk: :becky:

What? She really likes the exercise, I have a snow blower and she insists on shoveling the driveway. :crazy: And no I haven't cooked outside in quite a while. On the bright side the basement is almost finished, finally. :thumb:

Yep, have it memorized.

Sharpening my pencil now for my ingredient list.

I told the wife if she wasn't busy she could shovel out a path to the grill for me tomorrow morning. :tsk: :becky:

What? She really likes the exercise, I have a snow blower and she insists on shoveling the driveway. :crazy: And no I haven't cooked outside in quite a while. On the bright side the basement is almost finished, finally. :thumb:

Yep, my Wife is getting in from New Orleans tonight. As soon as she gets the dishes done and the clothes washed, I sure hope she has some time to relax. :thumb:

We need more pic's of the Basement FL!

Official Entry. From basket 1, 2 and all of 3!

Whew! That was quite an ingredient list there boys! I did my best and you'll have to forgive me if I used too many pictures, just trying to make sure I had all the required ingredients covered.

For the sake of argument we'll call it a Ribeye burger (yes I did!) with bacon, fried onions, Chipotle cheese sauce and a Parmesan Tuile.

On the side we have a baked pimento cheese casserole with quinoa, leeks and shaved Brussels sprouts, topped with corn flakes and bacon bits.

For desert it's cinnamon rolls with a blueberry maple glaze and bacon.

Cheese sauce is a Mornay with cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and pimento.

Cinnamon rolls and casserole on the egg running at 350*. Phase 1 complete.

At this point I started to realize that Moose and Ron are diabolical bastages, I'm already sweating and I only have 2 ingredients off the list! Luckily I have plenty of beer. :thumb:

Here's where it gets ugly. If you're squeamish, please look away.

A perfectly good ribeye is about to meet it's maker.

When the deed was done I put the burger on the smoker indirect with a side of bacon. .66 lbs of Ribeye burger, seasoned with S&P.

In the meantime, I prepped the rest of the accoutrements.

Parmesan Tuile with parsley (Gore mod).

First time for me on the Tuile. I put this on the egg also. Took about 7 minutes. It came out perfect. :thumb:

Chipotle cheese sauce ingredients. Water, American, Chipotles, stick blender, and no, not all of them or I may not be posting this right now.

Cinnamon roll icing. Confectioners sugar, milk, butter, coffee and blueberry maple syrup.

Oh, snap! The burger is done! Maybe a little over, I didn't get a chance to sear it. No matter though. It turned out awesome as it was.

Here's my plate.

Please use this for the voting pic.

Is there anything on my face? No... Cool, thanks.

Thanks for following along!

:peace:

Fingerlickin, parmesan tuile on a burger! WOW! The flavour crunch! With crispy bacon! I'm okay with the ground ribeye for a special occasion like a TD Grandmaster finale, it requires some sacrifice and it did look delicious. Interesting way to cut up the brussels, I bet they cooked evenly. Great cook! :thumb:

Back