Dino Bones for dinner w/pron

EatonHoggBBQ

Babbling Farker
Picked up a pack of Dino Bones from Restaurant Depot last Saturday. Due to work and school schedules, I had to wait until yesterday to cook these.:mad2:
dsc07574t.jpg

This rack is nice and meaty. But as usual, the other racks weren't as nice.
dsc07579c.jpg

Gave the ribs a good rub down with some Plowboys Bovine Bold.
dsc07586e.jpg

9:00am. Into the UDS for a few hours with a couple of chunks of Mesquite for some smoky goodness.
dsc07591.jpg

6:00pm Ribs cooked to 190°, temp probe slid in like going through buddah........
dsc07595y.jpg

Sauced with Blues Hog and served them up.
dsc07597p.jpg

dsc07598y.jpg

dsc07599e.jpg

dsc07600.jpg

This was the first time I have ever tried to make Dino Bones. I have to say, these are farkin DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!! :thumb::thumb::thumb: Next time I will make all three racks cause these disappeared in no time flat.

(WARNING: some brain cells may have been damaged during this process)

wow, I want to be able to figure out beef ribs. Those look absolutely delish! I appreciate the photo with the red thermapen in the background - nice touch. So you never once foiled them? And you focused more on temp then on time? I appreciate any advice.

joe

So you never once foiled them? And you focused more on temp then on time? I appreciate any advice.
joe

No foil, just put the in the drum and let them go. I did turn them end to end once after about four hours.
I just followed a post from Divemaster on how he cooks them.

Those are some Most Excellent looking Beef Ribs....Beef ribs are one of
the delicacies of eating; with their big flavor, and eating off the bone.

Great job.....:thumb::clap2:

Very nice looking beef ribs there, you did em proud.

Likeadeere, I do not foil either, just cook them at 250F until done. In terms of run, I just prep them like ribs, but season like brisket and it works fine.

So you never once foiled them? And you focused more on temp then on time? I appreciate any advice.
joe

I guess I should have explained a little more. :doh:
I cooked them at 230° for 8hrs, then started checking the temp. Once they hit 190° (in this case it took 9hrs.) I sauced them and let them sit for maybe another 10mins to set the sauce.
Like pork ribs they also have the membrane on the bone side that should be removed. There is actually two layers. The first membrane is real thick and came off easily. The second layer of membrane is thinner and didn't come off easily. In fact I just left it on.
Hope this helps you when you give them a try.

One of these days I'm going to muster up the courage to do beef ribs. Problem is I can't find any that look that good in the stores here. Great looking bones.

Back