Destination America Airs the Kingsford Invitational 3/17

Melissa has the same Championship ring Myron does. Not sure if it's MBN or KCBS, but they have the National Champion ring...

lol It all has to do with who is stating it is a National Championship.

That is MIM. The thing with MIM is that they know exactly who the are awarding.

You can not be sure if they deserve it or if it is simply confirmation bias. Mike Davis has won the American Royal 4 times. Blind judging, now that is winning.

I was thinking about that last night, if a judge see's one person cooking whole hog, ya know which box is there's the minute you open it

I would like to also see some more regional diversification on the meats. Other than on whole hog, the KCBS standards applied. I would like to have seen the Texas association standards apply to brisket, for example. I do not like the KCBS emphasis on appearance. Maybe 10% of the score, not equal with taste or tenderness - just a tie break in the event it is needed.

I like the composite score system that was used. Line them up from best to worst and then score them.

I wish they would post at least the next two in scoring. I suspect Smokin' Triggers came in second.

DVR set!

not to start any controversy, but that article says

i can think of a few female "champions".. to name a few off the top of my head...

Steph from the Slabs
Danielle - DivaQ
Divaherself from VQ
Dionn Lanton from Holy Smokes

and i know theres more..

wonder what they are using to determine 'champion'? MIM only?

then again..local papers... :)

I think it should read world champion (MIM 2010 and 2013).

Melissa has the same Championship ring Myron does. Not sure if it's MBN or KCBS, but they have the National Champion ring...

lol It all has to do with who is stating it is a National Championship.

That is MIM. The thing with MIM is that they know exactly who the are awarding.

You can not be sure if they deserve it or if it is simply confirmation bias. Mike Davis has won the American Royal 4 times. Blind judging, now that is winning.

I think it should read world champion (MIM 2010 and 2013).

Lets not forget Bessie :rolleyes: The original champion..
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2019773&postcount=9

anyhoo....

I liked the format.. a little different from BBQPM.... and to see the guy sprinting with 9 seconds on the clock.... at least I can say Im not the only one who sends a runner out, (in pouring rain) to do a 30 second walk in 15 seconds). :becky:

According to Harry Soo "Shiggin & Grinnin" and "Lucky's Q" tied for 2nd place. Harry didn't know how anyone else placed.

Back