THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have any information that this is indeed the case? If not, I think there is a bit of speculation here. Based on other things, I expect.

I'm not jumping the gun just yet.

See everyone as they roll in! I'll be set up before Thursday night.:rain:

Last edited:
Tanya just confirmed that there will not be a charge to enter the awards for the bbq teams. Also, I noticed that they've updated the payout on their website. Looks a lot better now! Look forward to seeing everyone, Pete

Attachments

• prize-breakdown.jpg
    prize-breakdown.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 47
I just got off of the phone with Tanya and here are the facts:

There is no charge for any of the parking.

There is no charge for entering the cooking sites

There is no charge for going to the awards ceremony.

On another note, along with the negativity around this competition, she told me that there have actually been threats to the staff and facility for this event. Please believe me that I’m as passionate about BBQ as the next person, but to threaten physical harm is way beyond me. Come on people, it’s only BBQ! Yes, there have been bumps in the road. Yes, mistakes were made. And yes, Tanya has ALWAYS tried to be understanding and flexible with every thing that has been presented to her, and yet, she has felt it necessary to inform the local police department and request additional security. THIS IS FARKING BULLSH!T!!! If you are that upset, please just don’t come.

I have told her that my site is to be considered a ‘Safe Zone’ where if any of her people feel in danger; they can come and stay with us. I’m sure this is the case with the rest of you.

Thank you for letting me rant a bit.

On another note, along with the negativity around this competition, she told me that there have actually been threats to the staff and facility for this event. Please believe me that I’m as passionate about BBQ as the next person, but to threaten physical harm is way beyond me. Come on people, it’s only BBQ! Yes, there have been bumps in the road. Yes, mistakes were made. And yes, Tanya has ALWAYS tried to be understanding and flexible with every thing that has been presented to her, and yet, she has felt it necessary to inform the local police department and request additional security. THIS IS FARKING BULLSH!T!!! If you are that upset, please just don’t come.

I have told her that my site is to be considered a ‘Safe Zone’ where if any of her people feel in danger; they can come and stay with us. I’m sure this is the case with the rest of you.

That's horrible if it's true. I agree with you 100% Dive. I know this is a hobby that we're all passionate about, but we all need to keep it in perspective. For what it's worth, I can't imagine that anyone on this forum was part of that.. I think we keep it real for the most part. Pete

That's horrible if it's true. I agree with you 100% Dive. I know this is a hobby that we're all passionate about, but we all need to keep it in perspective. For what it's worth, I can't imagine that anyone on this forum was part of that.. I think we keep it real for the most part. Pete
I couldn't agree more.

Man, extra security... I am not sure I would even drink out of a red cup with them swarming the place...

Can someone post updates from the contest? Should make for good reading on my way home from the GAB.

Wow, This thread should get scrubbed. A whole lot of speculation has made this thread as toxic as the threads you read in the For The Board area. I,m sure it will be a good contest. Have fun, be safe and respect the organizers the same way we respect new members of this forum. They are Newbies, but ya have to start somewhere if the sport is gonna grow.

Just Sayin

Dan

If someone did make threats that a bunch of crap. Way to take everything overboard and make things MORE stressful for the teams competing.

I agree that I don't believe any teams represented here would do such a thing.

The Pimp House can also be a designated "safe zone". I'm a pretty big farker, and my gas has been known to knock down the biggest of thugs, bring it.:twisted:

If someone did make threats that a bunch of crap. Way to take everything overboard and make things MORE stressful for the teams competing.

I agree that I don't believe any teams represented here would do such a thing.

The Pimp House can also be a designated "safe zone". I'm a pretty big farker, and my gas has been known to knock down the biggest of thugs, bring it.:twisted:

well iffen things get tough I know where to hide now---------

Un friggin believable. Yea everything hasn't been real smoothe with this contest but for someone to actually threaten somebody over this. Those are the type of people that ruin it for the rest of us and dont belong in this sport at all. Consider it a safe zone by me as well. My snoring is enough to soothe anyone:wink:

holy crap that is uncalled for....now I feel bad for Tanya for sure, I'm gonna do my best to show how great bbq folks are. I still disagree with how they handled things in some cases, but we are better than that and will make the best of it

I sent the organizer an e mail regarding something I heard last weekend at another contest. A individual who is a member (not head cook) of a BBQ team going down there was making some comments about their contest. I don't know this person very well but they sounded somewhat serious so I let them know. It may be this guy was just drunk but now a days who knows.

I sent the organizer an e mail regarding something I heard last weekend at another contest. A individual who is a member (not head cook) of a BBQ team going down there was making some comments about their contest. I don't know this person very well but they sounded somewhat serious so I let them know. It may be this guy was just drunk but now a days who knows.
I fear we now need to always assume that they are serious... I would always rather error on the side of caution than put some one at risk.

I fear we now need to always assume that they are serious... I would always rather error on the side of caution than put some one at risk.

I have been told the team member in question, who was indeed intoxicated, will not be attending the contest.

Back