Decisions, Decisions...........

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Yo to all, I am wondering how others would decide on how to solve this issue at hand.

The local Hy-Vee has brisket on "sale" for $4.95 per pound. I guess you could call on sale as ten days ago, their choice briskets for $8.95 per pound.

My other option for spending 80-90 bucks on a piece of cow is making a 30 mile drive to Price Chopper for a boneless KC strip roast selling for $4.99 per pound. If I buy the roast, I will cut my own steaks about 1.25" thick and freeze most of them for future use.

Anyone got any advice or comments?

Lager,

Juggy

BTW, I have had a few shout outs from old friends from years ago. I apologize for not returning comments to their posts. I don't get on-line as much as I used to and it is difficult for me to make a timely reply.

Well, the KC strip loin has got a great beefy flavor, (more so than a tenderloin I think) and you don't have to cook it tender because it is. The brisket will loose 40% of it's weight from trim and cooking, so the $5 a pound raw will equal $7 or $8 cooked.

You know how to cook both, but I'd go with the KC strip loin now and maybe brisket prices will come down.

BTW, I have had a few shout outs from old friends from years ago. I apologize for not returning comments to their posts. I don't get on-line as much as I used to and it is difficult for me to make a timely reply.

Guilty. I've got your number, let me find my Pastrami notes and your last 'e' and let's talk Monday? Shoot me an email if that not a good day.

My goodness, try "Wild Fork". Best prime briskets I've ever cooked (better than Costco's prime briskets) at a much discounted rate than you're talking about, when considering the difference in choice and prime quality.

Back