Dave Grohl BBQ

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
I randomly started seeing these images of Dave Grohl and his BBQ on facebook. I did not realize that he was into BBQ, during the recent California storms he showed up with a smoker and cooked for over 400 people.

What an awesome dude~!!! Nirvana was a huge part of my teen years, Dave Grohl himself was a huge influence in believing in myself. Queens of the Stoneage and the Foo Fighters are still bands that I listen to. Anyways enough of my banter, here is a link about Dave Grohl and his BBQ.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/food/story/dave-grohl-smokes-barbecue-storm-feed-450-homeless-97558900

- G

Cool....my kind of brotha. I wear out the youtube videos of the Foo Fighter's live versions of their hits recorded in concert and on Letterman.

They are probably responsible for some of my hearing loss due to having the headphones too loud! :heh:

I randomly started seeing these images of Dave Grohl and his BBQ on facebook. I did not realize that he was into BBQ, during the recent California storms he showed up with a smoker and cooked for over 400 people.

What an awesome dude~!!! Nirvana was a huge part of my teen years, Dave Grohl himself was a huge influence in believing in myself. Queens of the Stoneage and the Foo Fighters are still bands that I listen to. Anyways enough of my banter, here is a link about Dave Grohl and his BBQ.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/food/story/dave-grohl-smokes-barbecue-storm-feed-450-homeless-97558900

- G
Yes, very cool. Does look legit. I'm also a big fan of his.
Pretty serious rig there.
JD

He started to get into bbq in 2019 when he busted his leg and didn't have much to do. His bassist bought him a Big Green Egg and fell in love with it. He went from a BGE, a cabinet smoker, and eventually the Lang offset. He uses it for charity work and said no to a restaurant as it sounds like too much of a job.

I just found out about that myself. Now it seems like a matter of time before he starts plugging a pit.

He´s not the kinda guy to plug ANYTHING. He´s one of the most prolific musicians out there yet, besides a guitar by Gibson, he has ZERO brand relationships. I would be seriously surprised if he would plug a smoker, EVER.

There's been a lot of it, and it's all very impressive. Yesterday he posted a tutorial on how to carve up a brisket. I'm reading his semi-autobiography The Storyteller right now.

He´s not the kinda guy to plug ANYTHING. He´s one of the most prolific musicians out there yet, besides a guitar by Gibson, he has ZERO brand relationships. I would be seriously surprised if he would plug a smoker, EVER.

Only meant that in a good way, out of passion maybe launch some of his own stuff. From the many interviews I have heard of him he seems like a very genuine and all around decent guy. However, he apparently likes Crown Royal too :wink:

There's been a lot of it, and it's all very impressive. Yesterday he posted a tutorial on how to carve up a brisket. I'm reading his semi-autobiography The Storyteller right now.

Just finished the book, great stories!

Only meant that in a good way, out of passion maybe launch some of his own stuff. From the many interviews I have heard of him he seems like a very genuine and all around decent guy. However, he apparently likes Crown Royal too :wink:

Ah yes, that´s not how I read you initial post but you could be right, out of passion I could see it happen.

Here's a link for Bon Jovi's Soul Kitchen.
I wish there was a list of all the good stuff people do for the regular guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW5I2_gHPSA

There's a FB site called "Thats Epic" that's fun to watch, a really white guy named Juan hands out cash, cars, mortgage payments, etc. (obviously funded by some really deep pockets!

On a much smaller scale I have paid for meals for LEO's (told waitress to say nothing except it has been taken care of), snuck a kid a $5 bill in a Walmart. My favorite is there is a Buss woman at the Pizza Ranch that obviously is not wealthy and pry lives paycheck to paycheck. This woman is always there regardless of what time we show up. She busses all the tables by herself, never stops moving. I always stuff a nice bill under the plate so no one sees it or picking it up so she never has to share. Last Christmas I left a $20 for a business that is self-serve from the moment you enter until you leave. We don't go often enough so she doesn't remember who enjoys rewarding a hard worker!
Ed

P.S. I hate the practice of tipping, now the waitress brings her little electronic charge box and points out "here's the total, and here's where you put the tip" and stands there and watches till your done.......

I cannot imagine being that well off and not spending a great deal of time and money helping others. I guess that's why when I look at sports figures arguing over a couple million a year I shake my head. What difference does it make if it's 35 or 37 million?

Too bad I'm not wealthy. I'd be a great philanthropist.

For a while, maybe still is, before Christmas those with the resources would go into a K-mart type store and ask to pay off as much lay-away charges for familys that could not just pay full price at one time.
Imagine the single mother working as hard as she could going to pick up the bounty for her family and just having it handed to her with no charge.

I’d love to do that. As it is my greatest contribution is the time I spend on two charities I founded. Neither is saving the world, but they both make it a little better.

I’d cook with Dave any time.

That would be super cool to cook with him. In doing so I am sure you would get to know the true him.

That would be super cool to cook with him. In doing so I am sure you would get to know the true him.

It says in another article I read, he spends most of his time washing pots and pans (likes to shoot the chefs). He was out in the restaurant meeting folk and he introduced himself and family didn't have a clue. I'd be willing to bet actually loved the kid just looking and saying, Hi!!
Ed

Back