THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
With Star Wars Episode I in 3D recently released, it seemed like appropriate to cook up some nice dark beef back ribs in my Darth Maul inspired drum smoker. I really should take some time and paint some eyes on the UDS. Horns would be nice as well.

I got the UDS fired up and smoking along at 225 with some chunks of red oak for smoke:

IMG_0751.jpg

I prefer to buy ribs that haven't been cut into individual bones but I had a 20% off coupon for these so I bought them anyway. The ribs got rubbed with some Rub Co Santa Maria & Original:

IMG_0762.jpg

And put onto the UDS:

IMG_0769.jpg

I let them get some decent smoke for about 90 minutes and then gradually ramped up the temps to about 275. After about 3 hrs the thinner ribs were looking done:

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

I put them under some foil for a rest and took this pack of stuffed crimini mushrooms out to the Mini Egg which was cruising along at 425:

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

A little while later the thicker ribs were looking good:

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Dinner was tasty! The ribs certainly had a little more bark since they were individually cut & rubbed all over.

Thanks for looking!

Really nice! I still have not tried beef ribs it is hard to find any in my area with meat on them. Your ribs look fantastic! I like your drum also!

Back