Dallas area smoker/pit builders

Thanks for all the info guys!!!!! This is exactly what I was hoping to get here. Anyone else with something used from one of the bigger guys please let me know. I am still looking for a few names for local builders if anyone has some.

The longhorn from Academy is a good bridge smoker. That is its way better than the 150 walmart offsets, and not as good (or as pricey) as a 24x48 from Klose or the likes. If it is in your price range I would give a big thumbs up to the longhorn with two mods. 1. buy a baffle/heat defector from Horizon smokers (the guy that runs it used to make the OK Joe line) and 2. extend the smoke stack to grate level. These two things will really help out and you will have a great smoker for your money.

Thanks for all the info!!!

I know this is a long shot but I will ask anyways. If anyone has or knows of someone who looking to sell one of the smaller backyard size Klose, Lang, Bates, Gator, Stumps or something similar that is decent condition please let me know. I will need to get a smoker in a week or two.

Thanks for all the info guys!!!!! This is exactly what I was hoping to get here. Anyone else with something used from one of the bigger guys please let me know. I am still looking for a few names for local builders if anyone has some.

Did you check out Tejas Smokers in Texas...they have a 2040 offset with smoker and vert. that i am looking at to buy heard some good things about it and it is a stick burner.

Did you check out Tejas Smokers in Texas...they have a 2040 offset with smoker and vert. that i am looking at to buy heard some good things about it and it is a stick burner.

FYI, That's the same smoker at Academy, but under a private label. It's like $750 or so at a Academy, cheaper than directly from Tejas.??? Tejas said because they bought in bulk. I posted some pics on here a couple of years ago.

Back