custom smoker covers

Ufo8mycow

Knows what a fatty is.
After spending so much time and money on building my backwoods style smoker I would like to get a cover made for it. I got a couple quotes from places I found by goggling custom BBQ covers but the prices the sent back were insane. I am not paying $400 for simple cover. Does anyone know of a place to get something made up for a reasonable price? If not I may just have to resort to a heavy duty tarp and some gorilla tape.

I have one on order from grillwraps.com as well. Mine should be here in about two weeks.
Dang Mike! They quoted me $400 for my Abe's 48". I can't imagine what they charged you for your beast.:twitch:

If you could live with the logo, I paid $85 for a really nice cover for my Backwoods Extended Party. It's 28" deep, 48" tall w/stack and 20" wide.

Dang Mike! They quoted me $400 for my Abe's 48". I can't imagine what they charged you for your beast.:twitch:

Heck go to a trailer park . And ask them if anybody lost a awning in a wind storm to call you . Find a seamstress and bingo you got a water proof cover for pocket change .

A few years back, I bought up a bunch of very heavy duty vinly material from http://www.celinatent.com/

This is the stuff that commercial rental tents are made from and is as durable as it gets.

I recommend a piece of this over any tarp. Then just lash it down,.

Pit Cover

I have one on order from grillwraps.com as well. Mine should be here in about two weeks.

I tried tying a vinyl cover over my pit, but the winds kept lifting off my smoker. After spending a lot of money on my pit, I really need to get a good cover to keep the water away. How do you like your cover from grillwraps?

I second the chair covers from amazon. Have your wife or seamstress sew in some Velcro on the bottom to latch it together

I made my own and put a bungie cord in the bottom to keep it from takeing off in the wind. Its not 100% water proof due to the seams but its clsoe enough for now.

Attachments

• smoker cover.jpg
    smoker cover.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 342
I tried tying a vinyl cover over my pit, but the winds kept lifting off my smoker. After spending a lot of money on my pit, I really need to get a good cover to keep the water away. How do you like your cover from grillwraps?

Hey HPD, I have not received the cover yet, but it comes with plenty of straps and cords to keep it secured in place, marine grade quality materials and is expected to last at least 10 years outside.

MilitantSquatter has one too. See his post above. I think he has had his for a little while, so he might be able to weigh in on the quality and give you a better idea what the product offers.

+1 on GrillWrapz. Bought one for my Safe. Sent some pics with a dimensioned drawing and the thing fits like a glove. Zips in one corner half way up. I can get it on/off in seconds without getting crap all over me.

+1 on GrillWrapz. Bought one for my Safe. Sent some pics with a dimensioned drawing and the thing fits like a glove. Zips in one corner half way up. I can get it on/off in seconds without getting crap all over me.
How much did it cost you?

Back