THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMG_1202_zpsxzqzopzs.jpg

IMG_1201_zpsvbrdyd0d.jpg

IMG_1207_zpsbcwiz1xd.jpg

Here's mine

I haven't submitted Throwdown photo in so long, I can't even remember the last entry :shocked: But this category is perfect... I failed to take any photos of my pastrami for St Patrick's day, but... but... but... I did take some shots of my smoked steelhead. :thumb:

I used my dry cure method: brown sugar, salt, ginger, crushed bay leaf, garlic and white pepper. Cure time was 6 hours, then it got a rinse, and an overnight rest, re-seasoned with my garlic pepper blend, along with some coarse black pepper, and smoked in my BIG Chief box for 5 hours until it reached 150°F. The wood was Pitmaster blend of pellets from A-Maze-N which are cherry, hickory and maple.

The set-up shot:

ILtlJgZ.jpg

The money shot:

rVJBFJY.jpg

Cured!

For the cured td i home cured a top round and some belly. I pastrami'd the beef using a dry cure. The belly was brined into bacon. Both recieved a day of cold smoke

I gave a try at rye bread for the first time. I came up with this split top marble loaf

The bacon was coated in maple syrup and rub and then bbq'd.

The inferior cut for pastrami was made tender with a 24 hr sous vide bath

I made a swiss cheese mornay sauce to top it off

Here's the payoff. Bbq bacon and pastrami piled high on a rye hoagie and smothered in swiss cheese sauce

For polling

Back