Cupcake pan Chicken ala Mixon

About a year ago they were doing very well for us with lots of calls and even a 1st and 2nd. It's gone steadily down hill and now we are lucky to hit mid pack with the same recipe we used a year ago. We've already decided to start changing things up. Maybe we are doing something different and just don't know it but after getting a call in every contest to not breaking into the top half of the field I'm starting to think there is a bias against them now.

That pesky bite-through skin pictures

Well ... I've been getting PM's asking for the bite-through method but sorry, one guy on my team came up with it and he made everyone in the room (when he showed it to us) swear to secrecy ...we were all totally blown away by how good it worked... here's some pics ..
BITETHROUGHSAUCE1LR.jpg

bite one

BITETHROUGHSAUCE2LR.jpg

bite 2 , same thigh , just turned around 180 degrees.

BITETHROUGHSAUCE3LR.jpg

Bite three ..same thigh ...just turned "back" around to original side and took a second bite.

BITETHROUGHSAUCE4LR.jpg

yes,...this is bite 4 , same thigh ..second bite on the "second" side ...2 bites per side...note on this pic there is only a little strip down the center of the thigh but that sucker was still stuck on there.

NOTE ...in the technique. The skin never leaves the thigh. Also, no chemicals, additives, nothing ...nothing added to the thigh.. nothing removed..... it just works like magic ... the guy that discovered the technique lurks on this forum. He is a marshall arts master of masters so maybe he's giving it a karate chop of a kick or something.
FB/SGP

I know that I would only attempt to turn the cupcake chicken in as an "Anything But" or Appetizers category. Yes it would freak out judges here. Most wouldn't get it. And I don't care to risk it... Don't heed my advice Brewer, I'm full of chit anyway!

And yes..if cooked correctly they kick a$$!

LOL!!! :laugh: Nah Brian, even I'm not that rogue. I agree that the judges up here probably wouldn't get it. White sauce maybe... muffin pan chicken, no way.

Well ... I've been getting PM's asking for the bite-through method but sorry, one guy on my team came up with it and he made everyone in the room (when he showed it to us) swear to secrecy ...we were all totally blown away by how good it worked... here's some pics ..

yes,...this is bite 4 , same thigh ..second bite on the "second" side ...2 bites per side...note on this pic there is only a little strip down the center of the thigh but that sucker was still stuck on there.

NOTE ...in the technique. The skin never leaves the thigh. Also, no chemicals, additives, nothing ...nothing added to the thigh.. nothing removed..... it just works like magic ... the guy that discovered the technique lurks on this forum. He is a marshall arts master of masters so maybe he's giving it a karate chop of a kick or something.
FB/SGP

Dammit! :mad2: That's some good lookin chicken!

We experimented with pans last year and while I didn't care for the texture, we found some mini loaf pans that did allow the "muffin pan" chicken to maintain it's natural shape. The pans were little individual loaf pans.. probably 2 inches by 3 1/2 inch. When the thighs come out of the pans they are all identical in width. The only difference between them was the length which can be overcome by careful selection prior to putting them in the pans. I think I bought a dozen of them and maybe had $15 bucks total in them. If you like the pan cooking method, I think it's much less likely to freak out the judges.

Back