Cupcake Chicken Thighs

What he said. In KCBS contests the judges have a single piece of paper that 6 food items must fit on. I know things like ribs and brisket have to hang outside the little box but this chicken just continues to look pretty even away from the salad in the turn in box (and it plays nice and stays in the lines).

There has been to much back lash in judging against cup cake chicken. We quit using them. You can end up with 979797 in appearance. It wasn't worth the risk for us anymore to land on a table that had judges that hated the sight of them.

I'm thinking about trying this at home for company (family) coming in this weekend.

How important is it to use silicone muffin pans as opposed to a metal pan? I've never checked, where can I find silicon muffin pans? I believe previously it stated the pan holding the broth is available at Sams.

I'm thinking about trying this at home for company (family) coming in this weekend.

How important is it to use silicone muffin pans as opposed to a metal pan? I've never checked, where can I find silicon muffin pans? I believe previously it stated the pan holding the broth is available at Sams.

I do not cook for comps, but I just took a regular old steel muffin pan and drilled holes with a drill press. Then cleaned the edges nicely with a die grinder. It works great. Do have to watch out for sharp edges on the holes. My experience with the recipe is that it has too much broth, and it needs to rest a while before it is tastiest. I have made it 3 times I believe and all who had it liked it.

I bought my silicone pan on Ebay and then cut it in half so everything would fit when I smoke them. The hotel kitchen I work at, normally pays about $100 for them.
Ebay is definetly the way to go.

Back