CSRs, Baked Taters, & Spargus (Pron City)

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
About 1 o'clock yesterday afternoon, the wife said "How 'bout some BBQ tonight?" Too late to pick up a brisket or a butt and get it done, so I decided on smoking some country style ribs. Hadn't had asparagus or a good baked potato in a while, so that was the menu. Also got some corn for the kids, but forgot to make that. Oh well. They like asparagus too.

A good friend from Michigan sent me some Billy Bones BBQ Rub, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. A thin coat of cheap arse mustard and a semi-thick coat of Billy Bones later, the CSRs were ready to hit the LBGE.

rubbed-and-ready-011412.JPG

Brought the egg to 235° and put the CSRs on.
starting-on-the-egg-011412.JPG

EVOO and sea salt on the taters for a 1 hour tanning session in the oven at 450°.
finished-baked-potatos-011412.JPG

Combined KC Masterpiece Hickory and Brown Sugar sauce, apple juice, and a healthy dose of my beloved Yard Bird and simmered for about 30 minutes.
sauce-simmering-011412.JPG

Put a thin coat of EVOO in a cookie sheet and rolled the asparagus around in it to coat it, then showered it with Yard Bird. Grilled the aparagus on the gasser on medium high heat for about 12 minutes (rolling over half way through)

Asparagus ready to grill.
spargas-rubbed-011412.JPG

Asparagus ready to come off the grill.
spargas-ready-to-pull-011412.JPG

Smoked the CSRs for around 3 hours, headed to internal temperature of 170° or so.

Checking CSR internal temp.
checking-the-csrs-011412.JPG

CSRs ready to come off the egg.
csrs-ready-to-pull-011412.JPG

Pulled them off the egg (dry rub style) and they turned out nice and juicy. Cut them into medallions.
cutting-csrs-2-011412.JPG

Mrs. South plated it all up, we drizzled some of the sauce concoction on, and chowed down. All in all, a very good meal. A good time was had by all.
csrs-spargas-potato-1-011412.JPG

Now what to cook today ???

Back