Crown pork roast?

MushCreek

Full Fledged Farker
Anyone here ever smoked a crown roast of pork? I cooked one on a Weber many, many years ago, but haven't tried it on the smoker. We're thinking about doing one on New Year's Day.

It was about 30 years ago, so my memory is a little hazy. I know we put stuffing in the middle, and cooked it indirect on the Weber. Do you guys think it would work well on the UDS? Low and slow, or higher temp? Any other thoughts?

This would work fine. 250-ish to about 150 internal (2-3 hours max). Definitely on my list of things to do to impress family and friends. Bone-in crown of pork is fantastic!!!

Hotter would work too, but don't overcook it!!

Good luck.

I just did one of these but I cooked it flat, not formed into a crown or stuffed. Like a rack of lamb. Turned out excellent. Did it on the WSM @ 250 until the internal temp was 145.

Salt and peppered, then slathered with olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs from the garden (rosemary, thyme and sage). Also inserted whole garlic cloves into knife slits between each bone.

I would definitely recommend it.

I just did one of these but I cooked it flat, not formed into a crown or stuffed. Like a rack of lamb. Turned out excellent. Did it on the WSM @ 250 until the internal temp was 145.

Salt and peppered, then slathered with olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs from the garden (rosemary, thyme and sage). Also inserted whole garlic cloves into knife slits between each bone.

I would definitely recommend it.

Did you smoke it with apple wood? Or something else?

Back