Crispy skin

He's all jacked up on bbq and has know where to go. Never mind bbq he can't catch a fish with a forty foot net

hey,

sounds like my motto.. if you cant beat the judges hurt the judges.. always wanted to do dessert and make a chocolate laxative cake.. :lol::lol: man would that make them a quiet loose crowd!!! hahahahahah

isnt that criminal?
I wouldnt want to get caught doing that even as a joke.

That is not correct. The chicken can be fried just not "deep fried"

Correct, a skillet may be used and the chicken may be fried, just not "deep fried", as long as an approved heat source/cooker is used. I recall this came up a year or two ago and was ruled on by the Board and published in the Bullsheet.

Based on what I've read at this link, and many others, is sounds like the only way to get crispy (or non rubbery) skin on chicken is to put some higher temps on it.

Yes, but with some Cavats.

The tips for crispy skin include:

1. Dry chicken... dry dry dry. Oh, and make sure the chicken is dry.
2. The dust the guy mentioned is a good thing. They are usually ( make my own that doubles as a fryer dust) of a high season to flour ration, so its cross between a rub and a breading.
3. Skin down at first, Then Flip and reseason.
4. High temps often above 350.
5. Clear Smoke
6. Very rare opening of smoker
7. If you must spritz... use a high vinegar spray.

Never foil or cover

My skin, you can hear it crackle when you bite in. Remove the dust and you have bite through skin.

iF YOUR GONNA USE glazes - early use Honey based Glazes.

I also think honey and brown sugars in Brines helps in skins in turkeys.

Define "deep"... If you are going to rest your contest in the hands of some reps that are out there and their definition of "deep"... Good luck with that...

Do the reps have the control and authority to make new rules as they see fit? Or can they only make decisions based on the rules as they are writteN?

Do the reps have the control and authority to make new rules as they see fit? Or can they only make decisions based on the rules as they are writteN?

1. The decision and interpretations of the KCBS Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the KCBS Contest Representatives at the contest. Their decisions and interpretations are final.

They say its deep frying... its deep frying... DQ, pack your stuff... your contest is over.

1. The decision and interpretations of the KCBS Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the KCBS Contest Representatives at the contest. Their decisions and interpretations are final.

They say its deep frying... its deep frying... DQ, pack your stuff... your contest is over.

Exactly... But I personally would recommend anyone that I cook against to use this method for cooking... I promise to not tell the reps... :twisted:

I wasn't cooking chicken back in those days... I don't think my new recipe broke out until the following week. After you waxed me... That was the final straw... :eek: Hmmm... Maybe I should buy it... Nah, I am a pellet cooker.

I wasn't cooking chicken back in those days... I don't think my new recipe broke out until the following week. After you waxed me... That was the final straw... :eek: Hmmm... Maybe I should buy it... Nah, I am a pellet cooker.

Generator for Chicken Cooker and some cash ??? Hmm Hmm

Back