THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
RemoGaggi
We upgraded our small air fryer to a 5qt Gourmia Air Fryer (Costco - $50) and I wanted to try some Chinese Crispy Skin Pork Belly. I've tried many different methods before to make this dish - Oven & broil at end, Gas Weber, Weber Kettle, but the air fryer was easily the best.

Get a small piece of pork belly from the Asian supermarket or butcher. Use a sharp probe or paring knife and poke the skin as many times as you can. Turn over and marinate the meat side - I used salt (lightly - don't oversalt), garlic powder, pepper, and Chinese 5-spice powder. Turn skin up and put a generous layer of salt on the skin and refrigerate uncovered overnight. The salt helps to draw out the moisture in the skin, which will help get you that crispy crunchy pork skin.

When you're ready to cook - scrape off all the salt then place pork belly on a piece of foil and bring the foil up the sides (like your making a foil baking dish), but leave the skin exposed. Air fry at 370 for total around 40-45 minutes. Check it midway to make sure it's cooking evenly. Move around if needed always keeping the skin side up. Mine got done at about 45 minute mark. Best I've made so far, super crispy and cruncy skin and tasty meat.

That looks awesome! :thumb:

I'm considering an air fryer.

Man, that's one of my favorite dishes all the way back to my childhood. We'd get roast duck and roast pork from the Chinese deli and feast. Now I really wish the wife would let me get that air fryer. I'd be all over that. Your roast pork looks exactly like I remember. My mouth is watering...a little soy sauce...some hot mustard...yum...

another push toward the purchase of another cooking thingee...

That really does look great & love the tutorial - thanks for posting!

Back