Creekstone Farms Short Rib Sale

Years ago was then and this is now. Years later it'll be whole new ball game.

I ordered two. Thanks for the heads up Josh.

Years ago was then and this is now. Years later it'll be whole new ball game.

I ordered two. Thanks for the heads up Josh.

Glad you got some. Got notification, mine are suppose to be here by end of day tomorrow. Should make for a good pot of stew.:laugh:

I paid $5.58lb for these Choice at Sams.

Not really stew meat.

DaEnYflg.jpg

You nailed those. What time/temp/wrap are you doing?

Lobster tail,chicken wings, brisket, ribs, flank steak, skirt steak etc. Years ago they couldn't give those cuts away. Lobster tail was considered poor mans food. People laughed at those who brought lobster tail for lunch on bread.

Oh how the world has changed. Most cuts like flank steak were taken home by the butcher because no one wanted them. Same with chicken wings and the rest.

Slaves were given ribs and brisket. Now their over priced gourmet items.

These so called boutique meat sellers get high dollar for what used to be throw away cuts.

A fool and his money are soon departed...or a sucker is born every minute.

I for one won't buy stew meat for $8 or $9 a lb.

I am in the minority here that agree's with you on prices for "cheap" cuts. I wait for sales and won't pay more then $6.99/lb for choice ribeye/T-bone/Porterhouse. I wait for NY strip to go on sale for $4.99/lb and Chuck roast to go on sale for $3.99/lb (aggressively trimmed) and Choice short rib plates for under $4/lb.

Hopefully there is a stew or chili TD coming up. Tis the season after all. :becky:
As soon as our day time temps drop below 55 you can bet your rear end I'll be smoking a Brisket just to make Chili. :grin:

As soon as our day time temps drop below 55 you can bet your rear end I'll be smoking a Brisket just to make Chili. :grin:

I don't care if its 90F, i make chili year round. Same with soups. I never understood what seasons have to do with specific foods. I can understand cold foods in the summer, but regardless of season, we eat hot foods year round.

Glad you got some. Got notification, mine are suppose to be here by end of day tomorrow. Should make for a good pot of stew.:laugh:

Sweet! They ship out of Arkansas City, KS on Mondays and Wednesdays so you got in your order just in time. Mine won't ship until Monday and I'll get it Thursday.:becky:

Sweet! They ship out of Arkansas City, KS on Mondays and Wednesdays so you got in your order just in time. Mine won't ship until Monday and I'll get it Thursday.:becky:

If all goes to plan, I will be eating some by Sunday evening.:-D

Mine won’t ship till next Monday either. But I’m only a 2 day so I should have them Wednesday. No specific plans for cooking yet...

However I’m alone for Thanksgiving again this year and planning on another epic 4 day live thread. These may fit the bill for one day.

Sweet! Looking forward to your and STLSportster's thread.

Funny thing is they're steadily available here (Choice or Prime) but I still pulled the trigger. :laugh: I do like Creekstone Farms products though.

I am super jealous of your meat supply! Don't feel too bad, I have 2 freezers full of beef, including some short ribs.:tsk: I just couldn't help myself. After oxtails, I think they are the most flavorful meat on a steer, and I don't see them around here very often. First time mail ordering meat, so I am looking forward to trying them out.

I am super jealous of your meat supply! Don't feel too bad, I have 2 freezers full of beef, including some short ribs.:tsk: I just couldn't help myself. After oxtails, I think they are the most flavorful meat on a steer, and I don't see them around here very often. First time mail ordering meat, so I am looking forward to trying them out.

Dang! Now I want some oxtail. I agree wholeheartedly on oxtails. One of my ultra favorite things to eat.

I have a full freezer too. And not just beef. I’ve got a big variety. I’m a sucker for loading up at sale time. I’m gonna have to start planning some big cooks to get rid of some eventually.

Got rib tips from about 6-8 slabs of spares that have been calling my name. And I just realized I still have the turkey I picked up on clearance after Thanksgiving last year.

I better get busy.

I have a full freezer too. And not just beef. I’ve got a big variety. I’m a sucker for loading up at sale time. I’m gonna have to start planning some big cooks to get rid of some eventually.

Got rib tips from about 6-8 slabs of spares that have been calling my name. And I just realized I still have the turkey I picked up on clearance after Thanksgiving last year.

I better get busy.

Sounds like we have the same disease.

Ordered some of those ribs and also some of the prime top sirloin steaks. Great prices. I love a good top sirloin steak - great beefy flavor - but I've never had a prime. Pretty excited. Order should be in tomorrow.

Thanks for heads up!

Back