THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Or maybe call/e-mail Weber?

I've learned from the US Brethren that they provide their customers well.
Over here Weber does a very good job if I may do say so.
I would contact Weber and explain what your problem is.

I'll do that before I do any mods. Maybe they'll make me an offer i can't refuse :-D

At the very least I can put 3-4 UDS style nipples for intakes, after drilling holes in the bowl. Will likely solicit suggestions for air intake mods from the Brethren when I start cleaning her up this weekend - it's killing me that she's sitting in the garage waiting to be cleaned up

If it is a 2003, it is still under warranty.:clap2:

It is completely missing the One Touch sweeper system.

I wonder if it is the original lid with some other grill's replacement bottom?

That is the darndest thing!!

If it is a 2003, it is still under warranty.:clap2:

It is completely missing the One Touch sweeper system.

I wonder if it is the original lid with some other grill's replacement bottom?

That is the darndest thing!!

It is still a mystery to me.

I'm reviewing the Weber Kettle Appreciation Society thread again and have already found some great info. I found a link to a parts site from Weber, where you can select a model and it will show you every single part in an exploded view.

According to that site, it looks like a pre-2000 Performer, without the propane assist. The lid may be from another grill. However the specs manual still shows the One-Touch cleaning feature, which mine doesn't have. What I don't get is why the bowl on mine has no slits or vents for the One-Touch cleaning attachment. I also noticed that the bowl in mine appearss to have a flat bottom as opposed to the rounded bottom seen in other pictures of a similar model. Maybe my grill is an assembly line mutant as suggested by someone above?:confused:

Back