Craigslist score! Thought I snagged a Performer... but not really sure [edited title]

Or maybe call/e-mail Weber?

I've learned from the US Brethren that they provide their customers well.
Over here Weber does a very good job if I may do say so.
I would contact Weber and explain what your problem is.

I'll do that before I do any mods. Maybe they'll make me an offer i can't refuse :-D

At the very least I can put 3-4 UDS style nipples for intakes, after drilling holes in the bowl. Will likely solicit suggestions for air intake mods from the Brethren when I start cleaning her up this weekend - it's killing me that she's sitting in the garage waiting to be cleaned up

If it is a 2003, it is still under warranty.:clap2:

It is completely missing the One Touch sweeper system.

I wonder if it is the original lid with some other grill's replacement bottom?

That is the darndest thing!!

If it is a 2003, it is still under warranty.:clap2:

It is completely missing the One Touch sweeper system.

I wonder if it is the original lid with some other grill's replacement bottom?

That is the darndest thing!!

It is still a mystery to me.

I'm reviewing the Weber Kettle Appreciation Society thread again and have already found some great info. I found a link to a parts site from Weber, where you can select a model and it will show you every single part in an exploded view.

According to that site, it looks like a pre-2000 Performer, without the propane assist. The lid may be from another grill. However the specs manual still shows the One-Touch cleaning feature, which mine doesn't have. What I don't get is why the bowl on mine has no slits or vents for the One-Touch cleaning attachment. I also noticed that the bowl in mine appearss to have a flat bottom as opposed to the rounded bottom seen in other pictures of a similar model. Maybe my grill is an assembly line mutant as suggested by someone above?:confused:

Back