THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yep you are right

I didnt think the Brinkman had a bolted on firebox (if this one is a Brinkman, I was just guessing) but I really dont know.

I can see the other differences you pointed out

thanks

The one listed is an Oklahoma Joe, the next model after the one I owned actually. That's why I'm familiar with these, I was able to buy two different versions new when I was buying mine, so I got to know them really well. Since I know them so well, it's easy for me to pick up the nuances between models.

Original Oklahoma Joe's made in Perry, Oklahoma, are fully welded and made of 1/4" steel. The Char-Broil made ones have bolted on fireboxes and made of thinner steel (I'm not sure the exact gauge, but it's thinner than 1/8" I think) among other changes to make them cheaper and easier to ship from China.

The one listed is an Oklahoma Joe, the next model after the one I owned actually. That's why I'm familiar with these, I was able to buy two different versions new when I was buying mine, so I got to know them really well. Since I know them so well, it's easy for me to pick up the nuances between models.

Original Oklahoma Joe's made in Perry, Oklahoma, are fully welded and made of 1/4" steel. The Char-Broil made ones have bolted on fireboxes and made of thinner steel (I'm not sure the exact gauge, but it's thinner than 1/8" I think) among other changes to make them cheaper and easier to ship from China.

thanks

I know about all of that

I thought somewhere along the line Brinkmann was building them before Charbroil got their hands on it.

I have the Charbroil one its not 1/8" its thicker and does not have the ash pan. It weighs about 300 lbs so its pretty stout for what it is

I know some of the original OKJ guys went to work for Brinkmann after OKJ closed, but those were sold as Brinkmann's as far as I know. Those were the 1/4" all welded pits that Brinkmann made.

I know some of the original OKJ guys went to work for Brinkmann after OKJ closed, but those were sold as Brinkmann's as far as I know. Those were the 1/4" all welded pits that Brinkmann made.

Yes indeed- here is a Brinkmann Cimarron- basically an OK Joe. 1/4", all-weld.

Horizon makes pretty much the same thing now.

Back