Crack Slaw

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
This isn't an official Weight Watchers recipe, but it was provided to us by a WW member quite a long time ago and it fits well into the WW scheme of low point meals. There are variations of the recipe on the web. I prepare it with minor changes each time I make it, this is how it was prepared today on the Blackstone.

Normally the Mrs makes this in two large skillets and/or Dutch oven on the stove, but having the griddle makes this so much simpler to prepare. It's essentially similar to the inside of an egg roll and its name is appropriate. Once you start eating it, it's hard to stop and not to go back for seconds or thirds. As far as WW Points are concerned, the only ingredient that counts is the Sesame Oil and with the amount used, a serving of this is zero points. I added the tortilla today so my point value was higher.

The ingredient list:

2 lbs Ground Turkey
2 bags Cole Slaw mix
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Ground Ginger (use fresh if on hand)
Minced Garlic
S&P to taste
Diced onion (scallions are normally used)
Diced red pepper (today's addition)

The ground turkey, pepper and onion sizzling on the griddle -

Season at will with the spices, soy and oyster sauce. Add the cole slaw mix to the griddle to warm it a bit -

Combine everything together and adjust seasoning as needed -

Normally we just serve this in a bowl by itself, but today I was in the mood for serving it in warmed tortillas. I suppose I could have folded these so they'd be more like an egg roll, but was making use of these new tortilla holders -

That's it. Very simple and easy to make. And it lives up to its name.

Substitute ground pork, chicken, beef, etc.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Gonna have to try that one. Assume some crushed red pepper flakes or some cayane would give it a bite. Maybe some ACV for a bit of sour bite. Thanks!

Dom, that looks delicious! I agree that making it in an eggroll (sort of what you said) would be really good!

Tried it tonight. Wife loved it. I liked it (I'm mainly a carnivore). Did ingredients by feel. Will adjust next time. Great recipe though. Thanks for the post.

Tried it tonight. Wife loved it. I liked it (I'm mainly a carnivore). Did ingredients by feel. Will adjust next time. Great recipe though. Thanks for the post.

Glad you tried it and your wife enjoyed it!

For those looking for an actual recipe, here's one that's pretty similar to the one I have printed out from an email.

https://www.recipe-diaries.com/weight-watchers-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/

As mentioned, there are a lot of variations out there, feel free to change it up.

We're just about finished with the leftovers and it obviously makes a great side dish.

Regards,
-lunchman

I made this tonight but cut the portion

1lb chicken ground
3/4 bag of slaw
red pepper
1/2 large onion
3 tbls low sodium soy sauce
3 - 5 tbls oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbls ground ginger
4 garlic cloves minced