Cowboy 🤠🤠 Double

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I think I bought the Cowboy Briquette double 2X20 for just under $18. I just finished my first bag. I've grilled, reverse seared, and smoked. Today I emptied the remainder of.a bag into the Drum which gave me at most 3/4 of a basket. I added one super small piece of hickory about the size of a single smugglers bank wrapped bundle of Jackson's. I lit the briquettes with two Rutland Squares and one Tumbleweed. Chicken Cook so wanted to light it up quickly. 9+ hours later I could still be cooking, but I'm not. Everyone has their druthers when it comes to charcoal. Everyone has a historical reference that they will never touch that brand due to "that one time I had this bag". Hell, I'm the same way.
Couple of really popular brands I'll step right over to try something new, because of "that one time".
Anyway, one very successful bag down.

Last edited:
Can't remember the charcoal name (but would remember the packaging if I saw it again) but getting a 5 lb rock in a 20 lb bag of charcoal was pretty disappointing.

Can't remember the charcoal name (but would remember the packaging if I saw it again) but getting a 5 lb rock in a 20 lb bag of charcoal was pretty disappointing.

I've never found a rock in a bag of briquettes, nor a 5# rock in lump. That had to be disappointing

I tried lump years ago when I first got my performer, after 3-4 cooks I found it popped cinders all over the meat and I got tired of scrapping it off, used the rest of the bag in the smoker. worked well in that but at the time was way more than KBB .

Back