Couple recent cooks

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bruce
It's been a while since I've had a chance to post anything! Enclosed are a couple pics from some recent cooks.

Garlic ready for smoking:

Sauce cooking:

If one makes sauce, one also needs to make meatballs!

Those were pics from last weekend. Had some leftovers and decided that we needed to make some pizza using the sauce from the previous cook.

Broke out the Blackstone pizza oven:

My son's pizza: BBQ sauce, mozz, banana peppers, and pineapple, topped with fresh basil:

Our pizza: basic margarita:

Left it on just a bit too long:

Lunch today: Meatball sammich with some of the leftover smoked garlic:

Sliced sharp cheese isn't traditional, but I like the sharp cheese with the sauce.

Thanks for looking!
Bruce

Well that looks tasty,how do you smoke garlic?

I can't speak for BDAABAT, but I put whole cloves in a perforated pan and smoke them along with whatever else I am cooking - usually 3-4 hours at 250, then I freeze some for use in recipes. I smoke 5 to 10 pounds of them at a time, then dehydrate and grind to powder. Smoked garlic salt is superb on french fries and jacket potatoes.

Awesome cook Bruce!

Blackstone's are a great pizza oven.

More from today:

Chicken satay:

Some grilled veggies to go with the chicken skewers:

Plated:

Grilled bread to round out the meal: just a baguette brushed with olive oil and some rosemary.

Bruce

Well that looks tasty,how do you smoke garlic?

Peeled cloves of garlic tossed in olive oil with some salt and pepper on a pan, then left in the smoker for around 4 hours. The garlic gets mellowed, very much like roasted garlic, but has a lovely smokey character. Really nice to add to just about anything savory. The oil has the same smokey garlic flavor as well. Yummy!

Bruce

Everything looks fantastic! I'm a garlic fan, will give this a try, thanks for posting!

Back