Couple pizza's

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Couple pizza's off the Blackstone. This weren't my best looking pies but may have been my best tasting. This oven has made my pizza better.

I read the newer oven has a 5 psi regulator instead of a 10 psi. Not sure if that will make a big difference as I never turn the regulator full anyways.

Last edited:
jsperk -

question...

with the way the Blackstone is designed, do you think the overbrowning of the cheese is a factor of ?

a) you're preference ?
b) leaving in too long ?
c) doming ?
d) type of cheese ?
e) ratio of topping to dough ?

jsperk -

question...

with the way the Blackstone is designed, do you think the overbrowning of the cheese is a factor of ?

a) you're preference ?
b) leaving in too long ?
c) doming ?
d) type of cheese ?
e) ratio of topping to dough ?

The taste is great even with the browning but I would like to lessen it just for look factor. I guess it shouldn't matter as my wife and son thought these were the best tasting ones yet.

I'm thinking type of cheese. I see on the pizza forum other people's aren't getting the browning like I am. I do use a good amount of cheese.

Its brown without doming.

I asked about it on the pizza forum under there Blackstone thread.

Great looking pies. I just made some pizza dough about an hour ago for Sunday dinner.

I want the Blackstone also. Decided to use the Cabelas credit card again to get the points. I'm a couple months away from getting the Blackstone at a great discount thanks to Cabelas.

Jerry

Great looking pies. I just made some pizza dough about an hour ago for Sunday dinner.

I want the Blackstone also. Decided to use the Cabelas credit card again to get the points. I'm a couple months away from getting the Blackstone at a great discount thanks to Cabelas.

Jerry
I did read Blackstone will be having a black Friday sale.

One thing I did notice which I am going to look at today, is the metal that you set the heat deflector on turns cherry red when cooking. Mine looked warped last night while cooking. I am worried about that piece over the long haul.

I also have whole extra body unit which I am hoping to fix for a backup unit. The first one I got I think the holes don't line up and the platter don't turn. If I can make that work that will be nice. They didn't want the unit back.

Back