Countertop smoke infuser?

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mik
Does anyone have one of these guns they really like? Was thinking about one for Christmas, but i don't know if they are really worthwhile. Do they impart any real smoke flavor to things like maybe salmon, olives, vegetables, etc?

Couldn't find much in a search here.

I used to have a "Smokin Gun" but never used it so I gave it to my SIL.

It did apply a huge smoke flavor but not the flavor I wanted.

I bought one from williams sonoma decades ago. They are "ok" for delicate "dishes" like soft spread cheeses, ice cream, various cold dips...ect...ect But the " wood splinters" were really expensive back then. I bet you could just crush your wood pellet flavor of choice which would definitely make it more cost effective. Back then pellet smokers were not a thing.

^^^ You can.

Yeah, I assumed as much. I don't even know what i did with my smoking gun or w/e it was called 20 years ago. I bet soaking some pellets in water until they expand and turn to powder you could let sit out in the hot sun or use a dehydrator/oven to remove moisture.

I had one way back when you could buy small cans of wood chip/sticks you opened like cans of vienna sausage. Some stuff stuff tasted liked bad smoked cheese. (burnt house taste) However it smoked a mean glass of whiskey and I loved using it in homemade tomato soup.

I had one way back when you could buy small cans of wood chip/sticks you opened like cans of vienna sausage. Some stuff stuff tasted liked bad smoked cheese. (burnt house taste) However it smoked a mean glass of whiskey and I loved using it in homemade tomato soup.
Those were expensive. It was like $9.99 for a 4oz can. I think i bought a 3 pack ( alder, hickory, and mesquite ) for $20 and never bought it again.

Back