Contest Results Council Bluffs, IA May 6&7

Congrats to all the Brethren, I had the pleasure of talking with some of you. Most I talked to were on Brethren row and Spanky and the Meat Mafi over there by himself!

I'm glad you stopped by. It was nice to put a name to a face.

Congrats to all the Brethren, I had the pleasure of talking with some of you. Most I talked to were on Brethren row and Spanky and the Meat Mafi over there by himself!

Did we get a chance to meet? I was over on the side streets.

Hey Nate it was great meeting you. I forgot to have you sharpen my knives :doh:

Hey Nate it was great meeting you. I forgot to have you sharpen my knives :doh:
He made mine so sharp that Chuck Norris looked at them and p!ssed down his leg. Not Nates leg, Chuck's leg.

Chuck Norris was in CB? No wonder the wind was so strong.

That's one of the reasons we had our worst overall score ever. I was busy training with Chuck at the YMCA - showing him some new moves I have been working on - and I forgot to watch the fire. Oh well, it's all in the name of martial arts :rolleyes:

O.K., I got the hint!

It was a lot of fun seeing the Smokehouse trailer! Also good to meet some more brethren. Pat, Trucky (x2), JBI (thanks for the batteries!!), Char (am I forgetting anyone)? Here is a pick of Bubba Q. Bubba Knapp was the first person I ever met at a competition and he is a great guy. Meeting his wife in CB was another honor. I know he comes around here, but I'm not sure if he is registered. Either way, here is a pic of the winner:

DSC01255.jpg

It was great meeting you too!! Thanks for the cookies!!! My daughter loves them!!

Did we get a chance to meet? I was over on the side streets.
I don't believe so, I did walk around friday looking for some brethren. Saturday I had to wait until judging was over before I could talk with anyone. I'm thinking I judged everyones brisket, alot of you were high in the standings:becky: Of course we don't know who turned what in, but I seen alot of good brisket. I felt sorry for some folks though, the judge next to me seemed to give out to many 6's his paper was in view, so I looked.

Wow--what a great weekend! Congrats to all Brethren who heard their name called, but especially to Pork Patrol ending up in the Top 10 overall with 3 calls, for their first contest! I also liked Brethren row--we were a force over there on the north block!

Thanks DP for the chili and wings, and Monty for the beer and knife sharpening--you are a gentleman and a scholar.:clap2: I'll let you know when I get the chance to try it.

Thought the contest was well-run and we had all the amenities we look for. The only complaint I had was the awards ceremony; seemed like an afterthought. They could have just as quickly called top 10 in the 10 minutes that they alloted for the ceremony, but only top 7. We were lucky enough to get two of the ribbons, and they were all generic and reminded me of the ones I used to get on relay day in elementary school--very nice on that day, but by the end of the summer you have no recollection of what you got them for. lol.

Wow--what a great weekend! Congrats to all Brethren who heard their name called, but especially to Pork Patrol ending up in the Top 10 overall with 3 calls, for their first contest! I also liked Brethren row--we were a force over there on the north block!

Thanks DP for the chili and wings, and Monty for the beer and knife sharpening--you are a gentleman and a scholar.:clap2: I'll let you know when I get the chance to try it.

Thought the contest was well-run and we had all the amenities we look for. The only complaint I had was the awards ceremony; seemed like an afterthought. They could have just as quickly called top 10 in the 10 minutes that they alloted for the ceremony, but only top 7. We were lucky enough to get two of the ribbons, and they were all generic and reminded me of the ones I used to get on relay day in elementary school--very nice on that day, but by the end of the summer you have no recollection of what you got them for. lol.
Ryan, these are a step up from two years ago when it was a single ribbon. Still all looked the same. The Belton contest I did last week was the same and to top it off my finish was the same for two categories so the generic ribbons were the same too. They had an olympic torch on them.

Fastest awards ceramony ever. Too bad she wasn't in Minnesota last year for that four hour marathon.

I agree - I went to the contest thinking that it would be really unorganized. I was glad to discover that, with a few minor issues that you get at every comp., the contest was run well. I appreciated the fact that the awards ceremony was not drawn out - but I also agree that going to 10th place seems reasonable. This may be more out of my own selfishness because at least we would have gotten a call.

I see they only had 82% CBJs. I think in the future I will try and avoid comps with such a low CBJ turnout.

Sorry for being so slow to get here to comment...but First and Foremost THANKS to all you guys who cooked butts for our next Operation BBQ. Your help is greatly appreciated, and also big thanks to those of you who gave us your extra meat. I convinced Tom that you covered it with some other sauce so no secrets could be revealed...

You guys all rock, it was great fun to see so many of you again.

Sorry for being so slow to get here to comment...but First and Foremost THANKS to all you guys who cooked butts for our next Operation BBQ. Your help is greatly appreciated, and also big thanks to those of you who gave us your extra meat. I convinced Tom that you covered it with some other sauce so no secrets could be revealed...

You guys all rock, it was great fun to see so many of you again.
I was going to give you my meat but the city workers grabbed it out of the garbage and were too busy eating it. Thanks to Tom for noticing.

Back