Could teams Crowd Fund their own contest?

i'm going to say that being an auto for the jack is the only reason they have 30+ teams. Not even the GC will be able to cover their
expenses with that payout.

Even if it was a 50 or 33% shot they would still get the teams I think. There is no conflicting northeast contest on that date, and the season is so short in the frozen north that we try to get out every weekend we can. The number of contests is down this year due to a couple of majors dropping out, and a couple of others moving weekends causing conflicts that weren't there in the past. Losing 4 contests in a region that has only 1-2 contests per state is a big deal.

GA, AL, TN teams...I am going to organize one of these in the fall at a campground in the metro ATL area.

I will front the KCBS sanction fee myself and if 25 teams sign up we'll have a contest. If not, I'm out $350...oh well.

Prize money will not be over $5k but the winner will get a Jack draw.

So I'll start looking at campgrounds that will meet our needs and let you know.

Since crowd funding typically has different tiers of donation levels with the higher donation receiving better service/product, can I contribute more and finally win a grand? This may be the only way I can win one :-D. I will also provide plenty of home-brew.

Back