Costco Wagyu Brisket About to Get Smoked!

I work for Costco, not in the meat department, but I do maintain a very close relationship with the manager back there so I can get cuts I want and have them help me pull the briskets and such I want when I cook food to sell. The Dallas area market was one of the test beds for Wagyu beef.....apparently did pretty well....so well in fact that other retailers in thebarea started to complain that we were selling it for way too low and they couldn't compete 🙄

Anyways, the long and short of it is, Costco will be phasing out the choice grade meat leaving only the prime grade meat for sale. We will also begin selling Wagyu beef sometime after that.

All of this is according to picking the brain of the meat manager as well as the regional head man when he comes to the store for visits

I work for Costco, not in the meat department, but I do maintain a very close relationship with the manager back there so I can get cuts I want and have them help me pull the briskets and such I want when I cook food to sell. The Dallas area market was one of the test beds for Wagyu beef.....apparently did pretty well....so well in fact that other retailers in thebarea started to complain that we were selling it for way too low and they couldn't compete 🙄

Anyways, the long and short of it is, Costco will be phasing out the choice grade meat leaving only the prime grade meat for sale. We will also begin selling Wagyu beef sometime after that.

All of this is according to picking the brain of the meat manager as well as the regional head man when he comes to the store for visits

That would royal suck. I love prime as a treat but it is a little to rich for my every day blood. Costco is one of the few big box people that cut a decent thickness steak.

i love it when my competitors complain. It means I have the right strategy.

My Costco must be a low end poor mans Costco, never seen anything like this, heck my Costco does not even carry beef short ribs. I am jealous to say the least.

Brisket

Hi Awesome looking brisket good job!!!
Is there a Costco stock # or code for the Wagyu briskets..I can then take it to my Costco's and see "IF" they can bring it in.
THanks Dan\B

This is amazing news! From your post, I'm hoping it will be nation-wide, as I live in a somewhat rural area. Costco already had the best Choice around these parts (even a local cattle auction yard owner buys his there), but is also pretty much the only game in town for Prime.

Having lots of selection in Prime and even a few in Wagu would be awesome!:grin:

Back