THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okie Sawbones

Banned
I've smoked about everything from a pig and cow you can imagine, but for some reason I never smoked a beef tenderloin. The choice was about half the price of the prime, so I thought I'd give it a try. Now I'm beating myself for not cooking tenderloin sooner. The meat for super tasty and tender, so for me, the prime is not worth it.

Very easy. I heated up the pellet pooper to 300F using mesquite in my A-MAZE-N pellet smoker. I trimmed away all tendons and silverskin, rubbed the tenderloin with a light coat of olive oil, and gave it a generous dose of Peppered Cow. I plugged in my Maverick, then kicked back while it cooked to 135F (1 hour 20 minutes), a perfect medium rare. We ate the tenderloin with creamy horseradish sauce. OMG, even if I did cook it.

The next morning I got the meat slicer ready to go and cut up the remaining 3 pounds of tenderloin for French dip sandwiches, the favorite of SWMBO.

l0rYjf3.jpg

tZBMf4G.jpg

o3gSL6V.jpg

One of favorite cuts to smoke. I know its a pain but slicing as needed is the best way to make sammies. You can hand slice really thin once it comes out of the fridge. I vacuum seal mine and make some delicious setak and egg sandwiches for breakfast too.

Back