Corned Beef Brisket?

That one is corned. If you smoke it with the proper rub, you will produce pastrami. You need to soak it in water with a few changes of fresh water first to get some of the salt out

OK... Seriously, it's corned beef made from a brisket point. It's beef injected and brined with a brine that includes a cure and seasoning.

Boil it or cook it in the oven or crock pot for corned beef or smoke it for pastrami.

I smoked one once, didnt like it, probably the only thing I ever smoked that I had a hard time eating afterwards. It had been in the womans freezer for a few years but I never liked corned beef after eating it in the Army. Probably the only Army food I never liked.............. I have never tasted pastrami so maybe I wouldnt like that either

I'm more Scotch than Irish, but I love this type of year for the Corned Beef. This is the second year I've been corning my own beef. And just last night I got a nice 5 or 6 lb prepackaged corned point from the store.

Thanks all. I had no idea what corned meant. I actually thought maybe the cow was corn-fed.

Thanks, that was funny. I know you didn't mean to be, but it was.

I enjoy corned beef. When I was in my teen and worked in a grocery store fish department, a nice lady asked me where the corned beef was located. Well I knew exactly where it was. I walked her down the isle and pointed to the cans of corned beef which were located right next to the spam:clap: (two of my favorites). She said, "Not that stuff, the fresh stuff.":twitch:

I thought she was nuts. I never heard of fresh corned beef before. Well I walked her to the meat department and asked one of the butchers for the fresh corned beef in a sarcastic voice and he showed us right where it was:oops:. I stood there with egg on my face for a bit and just looked with enjoyment.

Who knew...obviously not me.:tongue:

I just started soaking the flat my wife got at Costco. I can't wait to smoke this little sucker up. I did 2 of them last year, about 12 pounds total, I think we had about 2 lbs left. Small party with big appetites.

in a few hours 6 of these beauties will be going in...smoked on several logs of hickory
rest depot specials...all between 18 to 20 lbs....fresh rye bread...mustard style sauce or add swiss cheese---kraut,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back