Cooking vs "Prep" and KCBS Rule #2

you can give all the advice you want and it's encouraged. Even to telling a person to move the knife angle to get a better product. Not sure as a cook how you would have time to tell them during turn in or why you would be watching them do turn in boxes but you can.

What is not allowed is hands on. Simple to understand.

It's vague, I don't see it spelled out as "hands on"

Its to prevent a bunch of people going out and cooking under the same name and racking up points. We can all help each other with whatever I doubt someone would say something.

Its to prevent a bunch of people going out and cooking under the same name and racking up points. We can all help each other with whatever I doubt someone would say something.

Easy for you to say, I'm gonna have mr Fay following me around hiding in trees with a camera at new holland:wink:

well if it meant anything else I would be in trouble cause my buddy from another team started my smoker for me the weekend I won RGC and got a 180 brisket:twitch:

Doesn't anyone around here learn. I can't believe we started another discussion about the rules. Some people think this stuff is critical surgery and any interference above what they deem acceptable is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUT OF BOUNDS YOU FREAKIN"CHEATERS YOU! Then there are the reasonable people who know that ALL the KCBS rules were written in a friendly manner to offer a direction. Most understand that a rule specifically stating things like COOK and ASSISTANT would generally revolve around that very job title and duty....not box bitch or trimming. No it would revolve around COOKING because thats what COOKS do they COOK and if the COOK in their own site and another site they are in violations. If they are FRIENDLY asnd they give each other a helping hand they aren't cheaters they are the MAJORITY of BBQ COOKS on the circuit who actually have FRIENDS out here who they swap stories and secrets with. What a concept.

KCBS rules discussion is like bringing up religion. You will always get both sides and the side who is completely out of their mind never listens. So why bother.

Oh and just to add fuel to the fire. KCBS never defines what it means to cook so this rule, like the old pork rule, can not be defined until the action of cooking is defined.

Doesn't anyone around here learn. I can't believe we started another discussion about the rules. Some people think this stuff is critical surgery and any interference above what they deem acceptable is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUT OF BOUNDS YOU FREAKIN"CHEATERS YOU! Then there are the reasonable people who know that ALL the KCBS rules were written in a friendly manner to offer a direction. Most understand that a rule specifically stating things like COOK and ASSISTANT would generally revolve around that very job title and duty....not box bitch or trimming. No it would revolve around COOKING because thats what COOKS do they COOK and if the COOK in their own site and another site they are in violations. If they are FRIENDLY asnd they give each other a helping hand they aren't cheaters they are the MAJORITY of BBQ COOKS on the circuit who actually have FRIENDS out here who they swap stories and secrets with. What a concept.

KCBS rules discussion is like bringing up religion. You will always get both sides and the side who is completely out of their mind never listens. So why bother.

Oh and just to add fuel to the fire. KCBS never defines what it means to cook so this rule, like the old pork rule, can not be defined until the action of cooking is defined.

Maybe KCBS needs a three branch government with separation of powers and responsibilities... With an executive, legislative and judicial end, then there could be a BBQ Supreme Court to decipher the original intent of the rules much like the US Supreme Court is supposed to do by interpreting the words of the Constitution by the founding fathers..

and Skip can be the Chief Justice !!! :wink:

well if it meant anything else I would be in trouble cause my buddy from another team started my smoker for me the weekend I won RGC and got a 180 brisket:twitch:

I shall start the proclamation to have that weekend erased from the records and you have to give back the RGC and 180 brisket. Start the USC and Ohio State penalty...you can't cook as a head cook for the next 3 years.

Coincidentally, we are looking for a brisket cook...and...you're hired.

Back