THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've been using this method (from Alton Brown's show) for a while though I find myself preferring using my BGE these days. I even "age" my steaks for three days in my fridge similar Alton Brown's suggestion. I have a Weber Charcoal Chimney Starter and it is barely big enough for a typical porterhouse. I use my fireplace gloves to help coax the steak to fit if needed. I've made a lot of steaks this way and the only issue I've had was once not adding enough lump charcoal. This is a great way to make a single steak.

Very interesting! I thought I had watched every Alton episode, but it appears I missed that one.

Going to look for it and check up on the method.

Thanks for sharing and BTW, steak looks wonderful!!

wallace

Thanks. It's a fun way to make a single steak. If u have a charcoal basket from your smoker, u could prob use that over your steaks to make more than 1 or 2 at a time!

Very interesting! I thought I had watched every Alton episode, but it appears I missed that one.

Going to look for it and check up on the method.

Thanks for sharing and BTW, steak looks wonderful!!

wallace

Here is the short version.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4aI_O8kcN8"]Porterhouse Perfection-Food Network - YouTube[/ame]

If you have the time, I recommend watching the full length version. (More detail and more entertaining.):grin:

Back