Cooking in advance for festivals/events

ok i would check with your HD and see what the inspector wants. here we have the ruld you must eather buy it from a suplier or you must cook an site the day of or cook in a sertified kitchen. also some inspecters will not let you just cook and try to freeze. also some will say you have to hold it all warm the hole time. so call the HD and ask the inspector what he or she is looking for. If you know what thay want then you wont get shut down and that is what realy madders right... have fun vending

Jacked Up, how many lbs are you freezing in one pan and how long does it take to get from frozen to 165 degrees and at what cook temp? If ya don't mind me asking, we're going to do our 1st festivals next month and that info would come in handy.

Thanks

Ruben

I have never weighed pans before to an exact amount. I have weighed pans doing inventory and I would say I put anywhere from 10-13lbs in a large pan. I heat up at 300 for about an hour I would guess. I never put a time on that either. But that would be my guess.

Back