Cooking for 300 / wedding

Williefb

Knows what a fatty is.
My sons are cooking for a wedding and I would like some help checking my numbers on the food. Based on some quick calculations this is what I came up with

Guests - 300

Pulled Pork - 200 lbs raw / 100 cooked

Sister Schubert Rolls - 400

Sides - 200 lbs total
Mac and cheese - 75 lbs
Beans - 65 lbs
Coleslaw - 60 lbs

Tea - 28 gallons
25 sweet and 3 gallons unsweet

150 lbs of ice

Based on past experience it seems like the big hitters are normally consumed in this order by quantity - potato salad, beans, and coleslaw and in this case i'm substituting the mac and cheese for the potato salad.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Your pork #'s are good, rolls too unless they are really good then ya might bump them up some. I don't figure sides based on weight I do by hotel pans. It will take 9 steam pans of mac n cheese. I get 60- 4oz servings per pan and a pan feeds 40 people. For beans 5-6 pans made with 2 10# cans doctors up each. Probably could get by with 4-5 but if they are charging they need to be safe so they won't run out. Cole slaw made from 30-36lbs of shredded cabbage. I don't know the finished weight but 5 lbs of cabbage makes 40- 4oz servings when I prepare it. I use long cut cabbage.

I did this exact menu for a wedding of 200 last night (was supposed to be 250 and we cooked for 250) and we went through cooked 144lbs of butts had 3 left over out of 18 butts and they ate 5 pans of mac out of 6 pans, 2 pans of beans (lower than normal for some reason) out of 4 pans and cole slaw made from 20lbs of cabbage. I figured the cole slaw low figuring they would not go through that much but they did, I had more on stand by to prep on the spot if needed. For tea it all depends on time of day, how hot it is, is alcohol there etc but 25 would probably be good. I like to used the tea concentrates and have water on stand by. I'd make 15 gallons and go from there. Your ice # may be a little low again depending on drinking factors. I'd have 250lbs on hand and a plan for more quick in case personally.

Last edited:
I'm with HBMTN, the pork and bun count look good, think your side heavy but I'v never weighted man I do it by Pan. I figure 50 people to the pan, more side the pans go farther.

Clint

Back