THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow Smoke

Found some matches.
Got a question on how do y'all cook the point for burnt ends. I am thinking of cooking the full packer on a rack and then when I reach 165-170 internal I will separate and pan the flat and cover to save the juices but I dont know if I should pan the point or just leave it on the rack a little longer before I cube and pan with rub and sauce. Any thoughts? I have never done burnt ends before.

Cook the whole packer to ~200-205. Then cut the point off and put it directly on the grate for as long as you like. Hold the flat. If you are cooking to around 170* (I may have misread your post) then you may as well eat your shoe! :heh:

Thanks for the link on the tutorials GTR. That helps a lot.
Thanks Monty, What I meant was I would foil and pan the flat at 170 internal and cook until 200-205 or has no resistence to a probe. Sorry for not making my post clear

Thanks for the link on the tutorials GTR. That helps a lot.
Thanks Monty, What I meant was I would foil and pan the flat at 170 internal and cook until 200-205 or has no resistence to a probe. Sorry for not making my post clear

That's what I figured. I just thought I'd mention it - just in case! :thumb:

Back