Confession - But No Apologizing

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
This year I didn't buy many fresh roasted Chile. Wife's tastes buds got sensitive to heat and the consistency of pepper heat was like Forest Gump chocolate. Just never knew. Plus my heat tolerance is fairly stiff, not pro heat level but I like a kick. Discovering Young Guns roasted bottled has been awesome for me, and her. Good as fresh roasted??? No. But dang good for my needs. Anyways, this and 20 different kinds of hot sauce work. There, Ive said it.
I'm on the bottle.
Truth will set you free.

In case you're curious of her heat tolerance think three drops of Tabasco in guacamole made with one large Avocado. Pace Picante Medium. Rotel OG.

Last edited:
I'd give those a run! Fresh roasted chiles don't make it to this neck of the woods.

Have seen Young Guns on Amazon but never tried. Still liking 505 Southwestern medium flame roasted Green Chiles 40 oz (2) on your recommendation Adams. Have ordered 4 times so far despite the price going up. Use your ice cube tray method :thumb:

Super quick MSU chili:

Leftover chicken or steak
Can of black beans
505 fresh from the jar or frozen

Yes that ice cube tray hack is awesome. I found a tad oversized tray guessing 3-4 oz per cube. As for 505?? Awesome as well. Good stuff

I buy a case of roasted Hatch chilies every August when they come around and you're correct about "the consistency of pepper heat was like Forest Gump chocolate. Just never knew." One case might be super mild (to the point of no heat) and the next might be stupid hot. I now bring scissors with me when I buy a case to cut/sample a chili before getting the whole case.

I usually freeze the fresh roasted chilies 6-8 per zip lock bag and thaw as needed. It might be interesting to buy the "Medium" of your stuff to do the same (put a cup per baggie and freeze) as that would certainly be easy. Certainly worth trying. Thanks for the heads-up!

Back