THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MeatStreet

Brethren,

I'm doing a taste test with a variety of commercial rubs and sauces this weekend. I was hoping for some suggestions on what rub/sauce combinations to try or mix.

I'm cooking all 4 comp category meats (chicken, ribs, pork and brisket.

I have the following rubs and sauces to try:

Yardbird rub
Blues hog sauce
Swamp boys sauce and rub
Killer Hogs bbq rub
Blues hog sauce
Kosmos Cow Cover Rub and Sauce

Any thoughts on combinations, etc?

Thanks!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Me personally, I like Butchers Honey Rub and Blues Hog Competition sauce cut with some of Blues Hog Tenn. red on pork, ribs and chicken.

When are you cooking? I am going to be in the Park Ridge area Friday afternoon and can bum you some Money, Sweet Money, Cimmarron Doc's and possibly a couple others if you want to try them, too.

Yardbird + Cimmarron Doc's + Blues Hog sauce is a good starting point for ribs.

I use Swamp Boys sauce straight from the jar (warmed up, though) on pork.

• Thanks
Take him up on that offer for Money/Sweet money. Give Simply Marvelous rubs a try. Pecan, Sweet Seduction and Trinity are excellent. Blues hog sauce all the way. Killer Hogs has great color for ribs

Really?!?! I would be honored.

I'll PM you.

Thanks!!!

When are you cooking? I am going to be in the Park Ridge area Friday afternoon and can bum you some Money, Sweet Money, Cimmarron Doc's and possibly a couple others if you want to try them, too.

Yardbird + Cimmarron Doc's + Blues Hog sauce is a good starting point for ribs.

I use Swamp Boys sauce straight from the jar (warmed up, though) on pork.

Swamp Boys sauce and rub are great together on ribs, among other things. But ribs is money IMO.
And pork.
And chicken.

Rub ain't lying. Got us 7th overall this year in Ribs with 10 comps or less (we did 10) in KCBS standings.

• Thanks
I can totally agree with the Swamp Boys recommendation. I received some, and the rub, as part of a Trade Round swap, and it soon became my daughter's favorite. She keeps reminding me that we need to re-order.

• Thanks
Back