Competition Quality Slicing Knives

I received my MABA Grand Brisket Slicer yesterday. Thanks to Mike for the great communication and fast shipping.

Surprisingly lighter in my hand than I expected. This will matter when slicing multiple Briskets in one shot.

Yes it is on the expensive side but I justified that concern with the fact that it is sold to support a local BBQ association (MABA) and that is yet another reason and a value add in my mind.

I cant wait to use it.

K-Train...I lay the skin on a cutting board, stretch it out and "filet" the fat layer from the actual opaque skin. I was doing too much damage while scraping skins during practice at home and I got frustrated. I just grabbed my filet knife and holy chit Batman it was much betterer. There is a learning curve to any delicate technique and I am sure if I had boat loads of practice scraping I would get good at that. Emphasis on commit to a technique and practice.

Hopefully the boiled in butter over sauced lar rat muffin chicken thighs will fall out of favor with the judges really soon and cooks can go back to BBQ Chicken.

OK. Also not to hijack, but I'm looking for a knife that I saw on BBQ pitmasters. It had a huge curve like an arabian knife. Any Ideas?

Back