Competition knives

cmohr74 - I know you have a Restaurant Depot right by you there near Chicago. Why don't you go in there and get some Dexter Russel knives? They are reasonably priced and will do the job for you without breaking the bank.
Only problem with the restaurant depot is that you need a certificate of authority (business license) or proof that you represent a non-profit organization. I got neither.

Another plus for the RD sold Dexter knives. They also have some of the higher grade ones on RD's web site. I just ordered 2 and so far I love them.
Just got a higher quality Chef's knife and a Santoku knife.
BUT, they are no longer all made in the USA. Just see the Dexter web site.

I've been meaning to check this restaurant depot place anyways. Now I have all the more reasoning. Thanks for the tip.

I've been meaning to check this restaurant depot place anyways. Now I have all the more reasoning. Thanks for the tip.

You'll find your meat choices to be better there than Sams or Cosco
also, and it's a ball to just roam around and check out what they have!

I go to the Lombard one, but DesPlaines looks to be the nearest to you

I have a membership and I need an excuse to go there to look for beef ribs, so we could possibly meet at the Lombard location. How about before the Sunday lunch at Sweet Baby Ray's. Maybe 9:30 or 10:00am?

Or, we can work something out during the week.

I will have custom hand made knives for sale this year and profetional sharpaning. so if you in need of a knive sooner pm me and i can get you what you want .... im proud to see my speeling is still good lol

I carry too many knives with me to comps. Here's what I actually use...
  • Chef's Knives & Slicing Knives are Mundial and Victorinox...
  • Boning Knives are Henkels (I think they were on sale somewhere)...
  • And my favorite prep knife is a cheap fish fillet knife that I bought at WalMart...
Toad

Back