Comp Trailer Floors

biggest concern is the additional weight. Weight the flooring and all of the items required to install prior to installing. At the cost of gas, every pound cost money, so the lighter the flooring, the better the ROI. That is why I went with the garage flooring tiles from Sam's, extremely light weight, ability to replace a damaged one, no additional weight for glue, etc., slip resistant, stain resistant, etc.

Most people don't consider this weight but it is extremely heavy in most cases and does affect the overall weight.

Ok, I just purchased this stuff: Herculiner HCL1G8 Gray Brush-on Bed Liner. I will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks everyone!

I am also really looking forward of your report back, I really need a trailer now, and wondered the same question about flooring.

Thanks!

Hmmm...my only concern is that it contains rubber granules that may make cleaning up spills a pain...especially if you plan to use the trailer for prep...:cool:

"HERCULINER is the only polyurethane and rubber granule coating that is applied to the bed surface using the rollers and brush included with the kit. When cured, HERCULINER provides a durable skid-resistant protective coating. Because it can bond to virtually any surface or material, HERCULINER can be applied to wood, metal, concrete, aluminum, asphalt, rubber, fiberglass, and most plastics, including PVC."

Hmmm...my only concern is that it contains rubber granules that may make cleaning up spills a pain...especially if you plan to use the trailer for prep...:cool:

"HERCULINER is the only polyurethane and rubber granule coating that is applied to the bed surface using the rollers and brush included with the kit. When cured, HERCULINER provides a durable skid-resistant protective coating. Because it can bond to virtually any surface or material, HERCULINER can be applied to wood, metal, concrete, aluminum, asphalt, rubber, fiberglass, and most plastics, including PVC."

Rubber hose and spray Mod:cool:

keep in mind that if the trailer is new and the floor is pressure treated that some of the chemicals used can cause bonding failure.

I sell Rhino Linings and we wont spray "fresh" treated wood because it doesnt always adhere well.

I love the idea of both hurculiner AND grey versa roll! I just got a 7x14 trailer (used). It needs to be completely overhauled for BBQ purposes.

keep in mind that if the trailer is new and the floor is pressure treated that some of the chemicals used can cause bonding failure.

I sell Rhino Linings and we wont spray "fresh" treated wood because it doesnt always adhere well.

I also have a 6 x 12 that I'd like to have sprayed. What's the average cost of doing this? It also has a v-nose. I'm sure prices are different in different parts of the country, but just a ball-park figure? Thanks!

And please pardon the thread semi-hi-jack, but where can you buy the vinyl sheets that could be attached over the wood walls of an enclosed trailer to make them washable? Thanks!

I also have a 6 x 12 that I'd like to have sprayed. What's the average cost of doing this? It also has a v-nose. I'm sure prices are different in different parts of the country, but just a ball-park figure? Thanks!

And please pardon the thread semi-hi-jack, but where can you buy the vinyl sheets that could be attached over the wood walls of an enclosed trailer to make them washable? Thanks!

I was quoted $850+, hence my move to DIY Herculiner.

I went with the truck bedliner spray done professionally and then placed the restaurant mats over that, awesome.

My 6x12 I painted the walls and floor with floor paint from Home Depot. Found some black outdoor carpeting without a backing at Costco. Very light weight and I figured it would last a season or two before I replaced it. The carpet had a grid pattern on it so it was easy to cut with scissors to make it fit. $20 for paint + $40 for the carpet (I had to get two rolls). Done and done!

Here is my thread updated as requested:

2012-12-14131709_zps2c6102a9.jpg

2012-12-14131644_zps13d26ac7.jpg

The trailer is back in the shop getting a step for the door installed and getting the fridge bolted down. The fridge weighs 420 lbs. and serves as a work table too. The smokers go where the mat is placed.

Back