THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Bill,

Contact Champion Equipment directly. They are in Santa Fe Springs, and before Xmas, were selling refurbs for $250 each!

Also, I think the price from Wisesales is over $900 now.

Of course, if you buy it at Sams Club, you can always return it if it does not work for your needs!

I am looking to pick-up one of two of the Re-furbs if they still have them.

Pete

Hey Ron,
That was me from the "other" forum.
I did find the specs and it is rated at 54db at 25 percent load, 59 db at 50 percent, up to 65db at 100 percent. Here is the link.

http://championpowerequipment.com/doc/CPE Inverter White Paper.pdf

I am still torn. It is $499 at Sams Club, plus tax. Honda is $879, no tax, free shipping, through Wise Sales.

Yamaha 1000IS...I use it for lights...computer...charging batteries...blowing up air matresses...radio...charging cell phones...everything but heat...whisper quiet @ half rpm...not sure of the decible rating...

I was on Sams Club webiste and can't find them. I did see the parralel kit though.

Yeah, I even went to the store order desk and gave them the Sams Club part number and they could not find it, said they could not order it. In speaking with Champion, they said Sam's was only sending them to stores back east at first (due to the demand because of weather related problems), though I heard some AZ stores carried them. Just became availavble here (Oxnard, CA branch) right before Christmas. Other stores I frequent do not have them yet.

Hey Bill,

Contact Champion Equipment directly. They are in Santa Fe Springs, and before Xmas, were selling refurbs for $250 each!

Also, I think the price from Wisesales is over $900 now.

Of course, if you buy it at Sams Club, you can always return it if it does not work for your needs!

I am looking to pick-up one of two of the Re-furbs if they still have them.

Pete

Thanks for the info.:thumb:

Just saw this at costco for $449. Comments?

162772_1746289410618_1040276865_1978376_4793622_n.jpg

33800_1746289730626_1040276865_1978378_2203506_n.jpg

I looked at those last year...for some reason it was not getting very good customer reviews. Perhaps they have fixed the issues people were having with it.

Here is the one I bought...

inverteref1000is_s3_7b6402a0.jpg

Specs here...

Never met anybody who was sorry they bought a Honda.

No other brand I can say that about.

I agree. I have the Honda EU2000i and its been great.

I would love to have bought a Honda (we drive two of them :wink:) but they were out of my price range. The Yamaha got great reviews, performs flawlessly, and was half the price. If you can afford it...go with Honda...if not I highly recommend the Yamaha. :thumb:

I bought one of the Honeywell gensets pictured above, 2000i, from Costco and took it back this past summer. Noisy, hard to start and didn't power everything I wanted. If slightly overloaded it would just stall the motor. Couldn't parallel two of them like the other inverter gensets out there.

I bought 2 of the Champion 2000 watt inverter generators for my trailer this past summer at Sams for 499 ea. Compared to a Honda that is 2 for 1. I have been very pleased.

I think a link has been posted to the RV.net forums which link to woodalls forums where I posted a review in about October as I recall. If I find the link I will post it. But there is like 78 'pages' of reviews comments and other stuff on these Champion inverter generators.

Here's the link:

http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24022161/gotomsg/24420143.cfm#24420143

John

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I just purchased the Champion 2000w inverter, refurbed, for $275.00. Nice unit. Really pretty quiet in the econ mode. Normal mode is about like the level of a somewhat noisy room where you would need to slightly raise your voice to have a conversation.

I live in the same city as there warehouse so I went down there and picked one out that the guys were working on. These units are 499.00 new.

Honda EU6500i here - very quiet and a TON of power. A little on the heavy side to carry around but well worth it overall.

I have the Honda 3000iS and love it. It runs everything on my trailer except when I fire up my AC. So, I'm looking at getting another used to run in parallel this summer.

I live close to the warehouse and need to make a trip down there (Temecula). I was the one who posted about the refurb units.

I assume they had some more?

Let me know how it works out, was really thinking of getting two, and the parallel kit.

Pete

Thanks to this thread I just purchased the Champion 2000w inverter, refurbed, for $275.00. Nice unit. Really pretty quiet in the econ mode. Normal mode is about like the level of a somewhat noisy room where you would need to slightly raise your voice to have a conversation.

I live in the same city as there warehouse so I went down there and picked one out that the guys were working on. These units are 499.00 new.

Back