Comp generator noise help

I would gladly pitch in $25 towards the rental of a diesel generator.

Clearly you've never seen the prices on large gensets. Your twenty five bucks would cover your share of the cost of fuel for the weekend, and that's about all.

Trailer mounted diesel generators and distribution wiring costs many thousands of dollars to rent for a single weekend.

Clearly you've never seen the prices on large gensets. Your twenty five bucks would cover your share of the cost of fuel for the weekend, and that's about all.

Trailer mounted diesel generators and distribution wiring costs many thousands of dollars to rent for a single weekend.
I know how much they cost, I have rented many over the years in my line of work. I am just saying if there were 30 teams at $25 each =$750. If you get any sort of discount/sponsorship from the rental place. I think you could make it happen. Jeff in KC, how much gas did that gen use at your contest?

Don't do anything with your loud generator. Just act like your going to start it and someone near you with quiet one will throw you a cord from theirs:biggrin:. We do it sometimes at drag races when our neighbors bring a loud one.

I have one event that does not provide power

Guys these Generators are second to Prize Fund
on the budget Very expensive

My generator issue has been resolved. Did not mean to turn this into a non power contest bashing thread. Yates Center seems to be pulling out all of the stops for us. Lots of goodies-free bottled water and ice- $100 entry. We can live without them having a lot of power. Thanks for all of your help.

Back