THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

jmoney7269

Did a little comp brisket practice on the vault, that about all the smoke ring I can get on it without TQ. Since the vault doesnt burn very much fuel (less nitrates) and there is little air movement, that's the reason IMO.
A little video with some pron at the end
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-nWrOMySBU"]J$ Pitmaker brisket practice - YouTube[/ame]

Lol bludawg, us TX boys always got brisket on standby huh? :thumb:

Ahhh leftover point sandwiches are the farkin best! And that brisket looks like a worthy contender for your practice run, best of luck at the comp brotha I gotta go to a wedding I couldn't somehow get out of, not my own though.:beer:

Sent from my SGH-T999

Yeah in Lagrange, lonestar sanctioned. It's called "the best little cowboy gathering"

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck also. Hopin to bring back a few hunskys myself!

Now I'm hungry BRB I need to make a point samich:biggrin1:

I just had me one for lunch. Thick HEB Texas toast, dukes original mayo, few red onyawns, vine ripened tomato nice and sweet and a habanero pickle! Sucks I had to go back to work, woulda had myself a cold shiner also. Michael berry says a grown azz man should be able to have a beer on the ride home after a hard day of work and I embrace it, but he never said on the way to work, prob not a good idea lol

well i just hope the ones i got for the comp tomorrow cook up just as juicy. they probed tender @205 but i should have taken it to my 210 as usual then checked for tenderness. had a little too much pull for me. in comps with knives and forks, the more tender the better.

Back