Commercial Rib Rubs

Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy, Pecan or Cherry are all excellent rubs for pork. I have not tried the Apple yet, it comes highly recommended.

I'll second Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy and Cherry. I didn't know he had a Apple rub, looks like I need to place another order:becky:

I am a big fan of Dizzy Pig Rubs..they are all so fresh tasting and the different spices really come through - I tend to use Dizzy Dust on my ribs..a couple others also but they escape me right now for some reason?? Long day I guess

Really like the 3Eyz rub. It is somewhat sweet and very uniform, and does not cake.
I need to try a few others as Landarc has sparked my interest. I also make my own, but man it is sure a lot easier (not cheaper) to just stand on the shoulders of our Brethren.

Simply Marvelous Cherry has been the rub of chioce around here lately for all things pork.

I would say go to Big Brother Smoke's and Great Lakes BBQ Supply and let your fingers do the walking. We have some great talent here on this site and they put out really good products.
Plowboys
Simoly Marvelous
Spice Wine
(I am sure I am forgetting someone here...)

Now that I have a decent grill/smoker I have to get on the ball and order some rubs !

Any new rubs out there that goes over well in a crowd ?

I LOVE spicy rubs/sauce...what do you guys suggest ?

Plowboys Yardbird or Bad Byron's butt rub are my favorites on ribs. Like I heard before on page 1, get the sweet from the sauce. And if you like heat, sprinkle some Habanero Death Dust from Oakridge BBQ as an extra.

I used to live dizzy dust over a thin layer of swamp venom, which is good, but i got some blues hog rub and really like that on ribs, I recently got my hands on some simply marvelous, this will be getting used on some ribs... I an ready to Try that stuff out

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Last year I bought several commercial rubs, and didn't use it all. I used one on a pork butt this weekend, and it just didn't have the flavor I remembered. So I'm wondering what an expected shelf life should be for rubs? I guess I should have put some of it in the freezer?

From what I understand if you keep your rubs out of the light, and tightly sealed up, they will last a bit longer before losing their zip. Not sure if freezing is the way to go for that.

Maybe some of the rub experts here will have some better advice.

From what I understand if you keep your rubs out of the light, and tightly sealed up, they will last a bit longer before losing their zip. Not sure if freezing is the way to go for that.

Maybe some of the rub experts here will have some better advice.

I second this. I'm gonna start asking for BBQ Brethren based rubs as gifts from my family when they ask me what I want, so I'd like to know the best way to store this stuff. I'm talking about possible storage for a year, if that's feasible. If not, I'd just get less I reckon.

Tony Chacheres creole seasoning for my brisket after the yellow mustard. Fiesta Fajita seasoning on my baby back ribs. Never had anything but compliments.

Back