Coleman Hot Water Machines

I called them this morning to see if I needed to stock up on parts and the rep said they are not discontinued and remain a popular product. As long as you follow a few rules yours should last a while
Rule one - upgrade the power supply
Rule two - never plug or unplug the power supply to the water heater while the other end is plugged into the wall. This can and will short out the power adapter.
Rule three- never let the unit charge for more than three hours. This can cause overheating of the power adapter.
Rule four- be sure to use very clean water in your water supply bucket. Sediment will kill the submersible pump.[/QUOTE

I have never heard of this upgrading of the power supply, what does that involve?

I had one go bad on me with about 3 days left on the warranty, it was replaced for free but I did have to send them the pump and knob with photos showing it was messed up.
Dave

Yes it has a pump on it. I just drop the pump in a 5 gallon bucket and it's good to go.

When I get home I will have to upload my pic. I sent them a pic with my truck on top of it. What's funny is the case was really the only thing damaged after I backed off it.

Thanks, I may ask Santa for one.

I called them this morning to see if I needed to stock up on parts and the rep said they are not discontinued and remain a popular product. As long as you follow a few rules yours should last a while
Rule two - never plug or unplug the power supply to the water heater while the other end is plugged into the wall. This can and will short out the power adapter.
Rule three- never let the unit charge for more than three hours. This can cause overheating of the power adapter.
Rule four- be sure to use very clean water in your water supply bucket. Sediment will kill the submersible pump.[/QUOTE

I have never heard of this upgrading of the power supply, what does that involve?

I had one go bad on me with about 3 days left on the warranty, it was replaced for free but I did have to send them the pump and knob with photos showing it was messed up.
Dave

Here is the link I posted a while back.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86272&highlight=coleman

You could go to the 1.5 amp unit with no trouble and it would get even less hot but the 1 amp seems to have done the trick.

Coleman is on a one year back order for the 750ma crappy ones but don't waste your money on those.

I'm also going to order another hose and pump for a backup. Coleman said today they have over 500 in stock and at about $14.00 plus shipping it good insurance. This pump is the other thing that crapped out on me. It's very cheaply made.

I've had no problems at all with the hose adaptor on mine but they're pretty cheap too at $22.00 plus shipping

My unit has been humming along all year with out so much as a hicup.

Rule four- be sure to use very clean water in your water supply bucket. Sediment will kill the submersible pump.

Wow, this sounds like a very broken piece of equipment guys...

Wow, this sounds like a very broken piece of equipment guys...

Ya know it's really not bad but once you start moving stuff around as in "Portable" stuff goes haywire easy. The rules above are from my own experience with two units over 5 years. Some of it you should implement on most equipment like this. Buying a used one would be the way to go.

We have used the Coleman model for two years now without a problem. Guess I better cross my fingers.

We bought our first one in 2006 and it finally shot craps this year. We bought a second one and paid close to $300 for it at Bass Pro. Three and a half years of pretty heavy use I thought was good. Wish I'd paid attention to the warranty thing. Free would have been much better.

Dont know what 1 means.

Never heard of 2 and 3, probably have pluged the unit in many times when power is hot, have let the unit charge overnight most times, I was told to unplug when the light turms green and not before.

Maybe thats why were on unit 3 in 3 1/2 years...Thanks.

There is nothing that sits on a table that I've ever seen. However there are lots of options with various equipment that can be inter connected and mounted on a table or in a truck utility box.

mine works fine!!! /just back from the jack to boot :)

Yes it has a pump on it. I just drop the pump in a 5 gallon bucket and it's good to go.

When I get home I will have to upload my pic. I sent them a pic with my truck on top of it. What's funny is the case was really the only thing damaged after I backed off it.
:clap2:had it since 2007 not a lick of trouble ..till i did like above...(cause i left the bottle at home:redface:) and GOT water in the pump and burned it up.... i took it to the jack ..and the lugage monkeys/ tsa could not break it :thumb:

Back