Cluckin Good Chicken (Pron)

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Finally fixed the fire bowl on my Vision Grills Kamado Pro Series II cooker. I wanted to give her a test drive and the weather was in agreement. There is also a throwdown going on in the TD forum " Let's Cook Like a Food Truck" Here is what I cooked as an entry. Cluckin Good Chicken Sandwich.

Started with a nice chimney of Weber brand lump charcoal.

Rubbed a whole chicken with toasted sesame oil, white pepper, sea salt, and filled the cavity with lemon slices and fresh rosemary.

On the kamado she went; at what temeprature I don't know. My thermometer is broken, come to find out! From past experience with my set-up like this running indirect with a water pan directly over the diverter, it was probably around 300 degrees. I was roasting a chicken not moving planets, sometime ya just gotta deal with it.

Pulled it off and let it rest a bit.

My final presentation of Pulled, smoked chicken, Buffalo style with a side of fries.

Thanks for lookin

You never fail to impress Jed I'd hurt that money shot real bad. So exactly how hot where you cooking that bird you can't cook good BBQ without thermometers:laugh::razz:

Need help on brisket cook next weekend

Need a brisket cooked Easter sunday by noon. Just built a new stick burner and I want to use it. Should I stay up all night feeding the fire or is it possible to cook it Saturday and reheat Sunday. What do you guys think? Will it be just as good reheating?

Supposed to post new thread sorry guys!

Last edited:
At a loss of words. Since I'm out of words I'll second what Bludawg said.

Dang Jed, every time I feel accomplished as a cook you come along and make me feel like a newbie all over again. That "truck food" looks like 5 stars to me.

Beautiful bird Jed!
I enjoy seeing a quality bird before it's cooked as much as a cooked one. lol Yours looks fantastic!

Beautiful bird Jed!
I enjoy seeing a quality bird before it's cooked as much as a cooked one. lol Yours looks fantastic!

Thank you Jeanie, they grow some nice birds here.

Dang Jed, every time I feel accomplished as a cook you come along and make me feel like a newbie all over again. That "truck food" looks like 5 stars to me.

Thank you chuMP I cdertainly have way too much fun.:thumb:

At a loss of words. Since I'm out of words I'll second what Bludawg said.

Who is this Bluedawg you speak of? Thanks

That last pic is amazing! I've never thought to do Rosemary with buffalo - how is it?

Honestly, it is overpowered by the Bleu Cheese, but my Wife te the other half of the rosemary, lemon chicken. Thanks :biggrin1:

So I'm looking at that last shot and wondering "when is the guest room gonna be ready?" :hungry:

Fantastic, Jed - I would expect no less!

So I'm looking at that last shot and wondering "when is the guest room gonna be ready?" :hungry:

Fantastic, Jed - I would expect no less!
The guest room is ready now, you need to change your handle from gtr to gtrr. Get the room ready! :shock:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back