THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
It's time to get this party started.

Tonybel's Carne Asada Marinade:
LINK: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174573
This was for 4 pounds of meat.*
"Flap meat for this cook. But you can use flank or skirt steak. I do at least 2 hours. No more than 4."
Seasoned the meat first with chef merito.
Added the juice of 3 limes and 3 oranges.
Chopped 1/4 onion and 1/4 bunch of cilantro.
2 tbs of cumin
1 tbs of garlic powder
1 tbs of oregano.
1/2 a corona
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of oil

Let it be happy for 2-4 hours.*

I'm using "Carne Para Tacos" from my local Hispanic Grocery Store. Love the coarse grind/chop/whatever. It soaks up the flavor so nicely, and I don't have to do a whole bunch of chopping after cooking the meat.

PJ9y2wyh.jpg

UdVaBwth.jpg

Oh, look! Half a Tecate that shouldn't go to waste! Lime juice + Valentina's. Yum.

Looks good except for the bottled lime juice... :puke:

Fair point, Andy... but, hey! A guy's gotta be a little lazy, man... and I've found this stuff from the Mexican Grocery to be significantly better than the squeezy green thing at Albertsons.

If I were your neighbor, I would be over all the time to see the concoction you would be brewing up today. Nice looking festivities for the day!!

Is it dinner yet? :hungry:

Munchkin's just up from her nap. Hoping CINCHOUSE will soon follow suit.

I'm ready to get the griddle fired up.... Oh, and I wouldn't turn down another margarita. :becky:

I'm ready to get the griddle fired up.... Oh, and I wouldn't turn down another margarita. :becky:

Go for it. Mine was with Casa Noble Crystal tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice & a bit of fresh lemon juice, touch of sugar, some jalapeno slices and rimmed with a Naturiffic Peppery Lime Salt. I've had several so far...

5Ujm36fh.jpg

Carne Asada on the griddle.

JL6KaBnh.jpg

Chorizo (L) and Barbacoa (R) on the griddle.

Le4jaPoh.jpg

Calabacitas in the cast iron.

47vsSBYh.jpg

Meat smorgasbord stays warm in the oven.

4nDstLzh.jpg

We could feed a small army or at least a crew of NightWings. Yeah, we'll have leftovers all week long (and I'm not complaining)!

Tacos made from all of the choices + queso fresca, homemade guac, homemade tomatillo salsa, and salsa roja.

9VCy616h.jpg

I'm thoroughly impressed (once again) with our vacuum sealer. I made that barbacoa back in February, and it was every bit as delicious today as it was then.

Back