THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The flavor was all that I hoped it would be but I was hoping to pull rather than slice. The family just loved though so I must done something right. Thirdeye you are going to make me get another monitor if you keep putting those type pictures on the board because I will take a bite out of this one. Thank you for the comments everyone. Ed

Keale, I am able to get the sausage at a local grocery store here in Springfield. They make a lot of fresh sausage every couple of days so it's a hit or miss if you get any because it goes quick when they set it out in the display. Ed

OK...Chuckie is moving up higher on my to-do list now!!!!

Start with a big'un...more possibilities to work with.

df94cf63.jpg

Excuse the ignorance but, What's a chuckie?

Hey - don't worry about it! The only excuse for ignorance around here is not asking! :-D

I believe (and anyone and everyone correct me if I'm wrong) that a chuckie is a chuck roast. It comes from the shoulder area and can be a pretty tough pice of meat - which makes it a prime candidate for low and slow smoking!

Here's a link to a diagram that might help.

http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/chef/cuts.php

keale, have you tried any chuckies on your UDS yet? The fatty is easy and my UDS take about 2 1/2 hrs.

Thats where I did my chuckies, on the uds, I did the fatty in my verticle smoker/homemade, and for some reason did a 3-3, on them, yup, over cooked! and dry...Soon as they go on sale, I will try again, 5.99 a lb, is crazy!!

Back